since i activate the plugins yesterday iam getting 403

hi since i activate the plugins yesterday iam getting 403 error... and cant access the website , i have contact the hosting company and is not from them.can u help me?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello LarryKaza,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm sorry that this happened to you, although I must admit that I'm a bit surprised. The only one of our plugins that I'd ever possibly suspect doing this would be "Defender". However, as to my knowledge it doesn't. Furthermore, it shouldn't do anything without your prior consent.

I reviewed your site and I think there's no need to change Defender or Hummingbird's configuration significantly now as it all seems to be running fine. As for the issue, were they (your host) able to identify which of the plugins did this or was it just that they said it was "some plugin from your WP site"?

Sticking to Defender and Hummingbird then, did you only activate them or did you run manually some tools included with them? Please let me know what exactly did you do and I'll consult our developers on this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello LarryKaza!

also everytime i try to setup the minify and gzip web crash all the time

The Minify feature works by combining multiple files into a one larger file, compressing them and moving them to a different location (header, footer) of your site. There's no single "universal" setup that would work out of the box on each and every site. That's because it depends on server configuration, the theme you're using and other plugins. Therefore the only way to make it work best is to experiment with these settings.

I'll be happy to take another look at it and try to optimize these settings for you however I think it would be safer if I could access your site directly. That's because access via WPMU DEV Dashboard support access wouldn't let me fix the site in case it crashed again. That said, if you wish me to proceed with it, please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.