Since I am using PayPal's IPN for another site and can't

Since I am using PayPal's IPN for another site and can't have 2 different sites running at the same time, I decided to give Stripe a try. Signed up and set everything to TEST. So far so good, nice interface, seemed fairly straight forward. I added my webhook url into my Stripe settings, made sure my API keys were the test keys, double chedked my currencies, and saved everything. I tried processing a test payment on my main site (so far the only one I have). The test failed, saying there were "no such plans". So I did some reading around in the forums and it seems that if the plans had already existed, they wouldn't be synced. So I went to the plan screen, changed a few minor things, and re-saved them. Stripe STILL doesn't show them, and when processing a test payment, I still got the error. So I set up a new user/site. Went thru the motions. Got to the upgrade screen and received the same error. I then went back to Stripe to delete all my test data and regenerated new keys and tried again. Now I'm getting the first error again, "The Stripe Token was not generated correctly." Now when I go back to the Pro Sites -> Manage Sites screen and edit the test account I created, I see that it has an associated "Stripe Customer ID" (with a generated code presumably from Stripe) but no way to delete it (now that it doesn't exist on the Stripe end because I deleted all test data). I really like the look and feel of Stripe, and want the ability to process cards right inside my site, but am having difficulties getting it set up. Can anybody help? Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @RodeoRamsey

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question and sorry to hear of the issues your having with Stripe here.

Would it be possible to supply me network admin details so I can test with my Stripe ID's or yours if you don't mind supplying them, so I can the issue in closer detail?

If that's possible please email contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• RodeoRamsey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Jack Kitterhing or @Aaron - any help on this? It obviously wasn't working correctly the first go round otherwise I wouldn't have needed to delete everything and start over. I now have deleted the data in the corresponding user tables and I'm still getting errors and the Plans won't sync. Would love to be able to use Stripe on this setup!

• RodeoRamsey

@Aaron Done. I looked at some previous logs and saw a bunch of error messages that said "Expired API key provided" so I rolled new keys at Stripe, pasted the new keys in my ProSites settings (made sure there were no spaces), saved settings, added spaces to names on both plans (only currently have 2), re-saved levels, and checked the Stripe API Logs. Same error. I get this x6 due to having 2 levels each with 3 different prices/times.

http://screencast.com/t/ND9jnRdw5

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @RodeoRamsey

Hope your well today, all your settings looks good, your database looks good and as Aaron mentioned Pro Sites seems to be working fine, rather it's your API keys aren't working.

Would it be possible for you to contact Stripe so we can see what they say please?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• RodeoRamsey

@Jack Kitterhing & @Aaron -

I finally was able to test what Stripe suggested and am still running into the same errors. Pro Sites is either sending the wrong info, or not sending info at all, to Stripe and thus no recurring plans are created.

I am willing to hand over the keys to the website and server if necessary to see if this can be figured out. I'd really like to get this site launched.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @RodeoRamsey

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

I've done some research on this and can't see what could be causing this, I've tried to replicate with no luck and I have taken a look at the site.

Aaron is currently away at the moment, but will be back in a about 5 days or so, but I'll see in the mean time if perhaps my colleague @Alexander Rohmann has any ideas here, thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @RodeoRamsey,

I can take a look at this for you while we wait for Aaron. Would you mind sending me an email with Network Admin credentials, FTP access, and your test keys for Stripe?

If possible, it would be fantastic if we could login to Stripe to check the logs, but we understand if you'd rather not provide this. If you can't, I could just do some more testing and request you post more screenshots.

You can just send me an email via our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include relevant login information

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @RodeoRamsey,

Thanks! I've done some testing here, and I actually couldn't find anything wrong with your site at all.

I was able to create a new site, and checkout properly with stripe test credit card info. I was also able to create and delete a plan.

So your API credentials are definitely working ok.

I think the problem you had was related to a specific account being out of sync like Aaron described earlier.

From your Stripe Dashboard, you can delete all test data, or you can simply go to "customers" and delete the user from there. This should fix the token generation error. Although I didn't come across this error myself when testing here.

• RodeoRamsey

Ugh!!! Thanks @Alexander Rohmann finally I can see the plans created in the account. But I still ran into an error. I tried logging in with one of my test accounts (previously created) and "upgrading" and it tells me: "The Stripe Token was not generated correctly. Please try again." -- However, there are no Stripe errors associated with this transaction. Ugh, so confusing!

I went through this once before -- got all these random errors and finally used the Stripe setting to wipe all test data and started over and still had issues. It is reassuring, however, that you were able to get this to work. I'm just afraid of setting this site Live and having potential customers get all these errors and lose out on sales.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey @RodeoRamsey,

Are you having this problem with any accounts created since we got Stripe working?

I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you here. I don't think there's anything to worry about. It sounds like the old account is trying to use a Stripe customer ID that doesn't exist in your stripe database anymore.

It's possible that in Stripe, a test account was modified or deleted during setup. This wouldn't happen during normal operation of Pro Sites though.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.