Since I restored my network from a backup a few weeks ago

Since I restored my network from a backup a few weeks ago I have been having some user issues.

Today I noticed my primary domain does not show in the drop down list of the network dashboard menu and so I went to check out the user list. I, superadmin, am not displayed in the user list of the primary domain and when I go to add myself there is no Role option. Can you help me find and repair the issue? See screenshots, access granted.

Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike,

Did you tried to enable debug mode in your Multisite to see if there is no errors that could cause this issue (no roles in add new)?
    To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Are you sure that your account is super admin? Do you use any user roles management plugin?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mike D
    • The Bug Hunter

Here is what DEBUG shows:

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3457) in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Session.php on line 29

My account is superadmin. I do not use a role manager.

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike,

I found that roles on your site are not showing because there are few errors in code:

<b>Warning</b>:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in <b>wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/capabilities.php</b> on line <b>442</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/capabilities.php</b> on line <b>442</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in <b>wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/capabilities.php</b> on line <b>442</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/capabilities.php</b> on line <b>442</b><br />
    <br />

looks like problem with BBpress. Is there a chance you could disable it for while to see if this fix problem with no roles?
    Try also to upload again whole bbPress.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mike D
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Kasia,

I disabled bbpress on the main site but it does not fix the issue. I have bbpress on a subsite so i cant disable it network wide.

If i delete and reinstall the plugin will my settings and content for the subsite forum remain unchanged?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.