Since installing Course Press Pro my forum topics are gone

Hey there,

since installing Course Press Pro my forum topics are gone. I can't add new topics. They are not shown.

What can I do?

Greetings,
Julia

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Julia,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

First this I am assuming here that you are talking in context of our Forums plugin. If not then please be kind enough to include little more information about forum plugin ?

I tested Forums and Coursepress on my sandbox site, but didn't get you mentioned behavior. Can you grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue. ?

If you are not sure from where you can enable support staff access please go through this nice article.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again @Julia,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying. I've just checked on my sandbox site and on your site about issue. But I was not able to find any issue as everything seems to work fine from here. I was able to create new topic, and reply to it. ( Both from front-end and from back-end )

Have you conducted theme conflict test ? Just test with wordpress default theme to be sure its not the issue with theme you are using.

So there seems to no problem from here or may be I am missing something. Will you be kind enough to elaborate steps which can reproduce this error. I confirmed that installing course-press is not causing any issue with topics and forum of bbpress.

Thanks!
    Milan.

• Julia
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Milan,

I just can't see any topics (front-end). From back-end I can see everything. I am not so skilled to know how to replicated that issue. :slight_smile:

For example this one has 4 replies, but one can't see anything: Here.

Greetings,
    Julia

• Julia

Hey there,

I am so happy, I found out, what is causing the problem: It's the Course Presse Theme.

I switched to my old theme and I could see everthing!

Can you please help me, that I can see my topics with Course Press?

Thanks a lot,
    Julia

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Julia,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for identifying this issue as theme conflict. :slight_smile:

I can confirm this issue on my sandbox site too. I've notified developer about this. Hopefully they will start their work soon on this. As soon as I'll receive some update from developer I'll get back to you on this. Meantime please be patient. We hope cooperation from you. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Julia

Oh thanks, I am waiting.

Indeed I once saw the option "menu showed when logged in" and "menu showed when logged out" - Now it is gone. How can I add different menus? Where can I find that option again?

And I don't want to use the standard Course Press menu because I don't like it (and its translation).

Thanks a thousend times!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.