Since installing this plugin, I am getting HUGE core dump files

Hi

Since installing this plugin yesterday, my hosting has gone crazy and the root cause is a build up of 250MB core dump files in my public HTML folder.

I get literally 20 of these in double quick time, completely b*ggering my VPS.

Have you ever heard about something happening like this before?

Thanks

James.

• maiki

@d3xta, okay, I know what a core dump is. I was trying to get you to clarify it, as it is obviously not a core dump in your web root directory. A core dump is a memory snapshot of an executable, whereas WordPress is a bunch of parsing scripts. If it were a core dump that was affected by a plugin, it would mean something like php or apache are creating them, but as you didn't mention the site going down specifically, that rules it out. Also, nothing should be dumping files there, as it would be publicly accessible.

I appreciate you are trying to help but I would say that if you don't know what the thing is, your enthusiasm might be best directed elsewhere?

As you didn't answer my troubleshooting questions, and kinda hurt my feelings with your response, I am going to take my enthusiasm elsewhere.

• jamesathomson

@maiki

Please don't have hurt feelings, as I said I appreciate you were trying to help. The thing is, it did take the site down, and my whole VPS along with it. It was Apache creating them, and this plugin was the root cause.

I knew that, so I was asking if anyone had heard of something like that happening before. I wasn't especially after a diagnosis. But again, thanks for trying to do so. I hope this does not put you off commenting on my posts or anyone else's in the future.

I was hoping that I'd have a quick answer back by now from either Ve or tech support.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings James and Maiki,

@maiki Do not take it to heart since the majority of folks in here are frustrated and some even angry before they even made there way in here. Take it from someone who submitted a total of 8 support tickets in a year as a regular member and helped hundreds and now as you can see thousands. You did a fine job trying to be helpful.

@d3xta Thank you for your great question and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the plugin, but I am also 99% certain that this is either a conflict of some kind which I truly doubt and more then likely a hosting configuration problem:

The thing is, it did take the site down, and my whole VPS along with it. It was Apache creating them, and this plugin was the root cause.

Mark De Scande has a server from me, a single server that I configured with 80,000 blogs on it and this issue is not present and on a VPS he has several thousand blogs, and no issues.

On the same server I have 22 blogs, tow sites running the events plugin, and I do not have this issue.

So as I mentioned earlier it is either a bad conflict or a hosting configuration issue.

So we need to figure out which.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.