About PHP 7 plugins compatibility

Hello hello !

Since M. Wordpress told that he encourages hosts to migrate to php 7 just wanted to know if you guys are full ready for that and your plugins are ok for that :slight_smile:

Suppose yes, but just for confirmation :wink:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Aphrodite,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I am not in the development team so I am not exactly sure what is the status at the moment. But as you know we promise to make our plugins compatible with WordPress. If WordPress support PHP 7 then definitely we will.

I will also passing on this ticket to my senior colleague @Tyler to get more insights about this change.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• marcolino
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Sajid

Can you give us a little bit more information on how ready wpmudev plugins and upfront are for php7?

Something like a list which plugin have been tested, or which have some known problems.

Thank you very much for your effort.
      Marc

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Marc,

There are currently 2 known issues between our plugins and php7:

One involving a fatal error with Q&A and another with MarketPress 3.0.

The MP3.0 one is already fixed and awaiting release, the Q&A one should be fixed soon.

So far we've tested some of our more popular products with php7, MarketPress, Membership 2, WPMU DEV Dashboard, Ultimate Branding, WP Smush Pro, Upfront, Defender, and Hummingbird.

Of course, if any issues between php7 and our products are reported then we'll get them fixed up asap :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello MrArtist

I hope you are doing well today!

Our developers are informed about this issue and they are working on it. So far there is no patch yet. We can't provide you an ETA, this issue will be fixed in the next MarketPress plugin updates.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• MrArtist
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi
    On Sun Mar 6 2016 above, it was said that the MP3.0 php7 bug is already fixed and awaiting release.

So, I was just wondering what the state of things is now as it's about two months later? Maybe soon?

Like somebody suggested above, it would be useful if you had a chart or badge scheme to show the state of current plugins and if they are php7 ready (as well as other things).

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey MrArtist,

Sorry about the delay on this. I just spoke with the developer and he's expecting to have a beta of the next version ready for our testing team next week. Then it will just depend what issues are found during testing and how long they will take to fix. I can attach the beta here if you would like, once it's ready. Although, keep it mind it will be a beta so I wouldn't recommend using it on a live site.

Thanks for the suggestion about a php7 ready a badge. I'll pass that along :slight_smile: right now we show compatibility on the project pages for WP and BP version as well as WooCommerce(when it is).

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.