Since updating to newest WP version quite a few issues turned up

Good day support team,

please would you be so kind helping me out to get the headlines on my pages displayed again.

Please view attached screenshot (next response field) which trouble I experience now after updating wordpress to it's newest version.

• Klaus

Hello Predag,

first please don't give up to access our site. Usually if you repeat accessing often after the second or third trial you then get the site (btw this db error happens usually after the first login after that the same error appears more rarely... which is according to Jose advice a provider issue which we also sorting out currently). Meanwhile we do have to continue developing our application...

Yes I contacted several times the theme developer Themeforest but they do not respond at all (even that we still have a valid support license) that's the reason why I asked you from the WPMU Dev for help.

So, please be so kind and give it another go.
    Big, big thank you.
    Prinz

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Prinz,

Thanks for further info, I did try refreshing the page couple of times but it didn't work, now I did it dozen of times and it finally worked :slight_smile:

Here is something you could try, first thing is to switch to original theme instead of child theme to see if this is something related to your changes in child theme.

One more thing to try is replacing:
    the_title()
    With this:
    echo html_entity_decode(the_title())
    Since I'm not familiar with this theme I'm not sure where this would be located but probably in page.php, content-page.php or similar file.
    Or if you are using custom template pages than in those files used for template.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Klaus

Hello Predag,

that's awesome how quick you reply. Big thanks on that. Activated parent theme but didn't solve the issue.
    Is it the file I found in wp-config/theme ... named page.php with the content as listed below.

---> Is it the one I have to modify... also where?
    ---> If so, is it important that the parent template is activated while doing the modification?

<?php /* Template Name: Page With Sidebar*/ ?>
    <?php get_header(); ?>

<?php
    $cmb_hide_page_title = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'cmb_hide_page_title', true);
    ?>

<!-- BEGIN LOOP -->
    <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<!-- FEATURED IMAGE -->
    <?php
    // $featured_img_width = 1440;
    // $post_thumbnail_src = wp_get_attachment_image_src(get_post_thumbnail_id(get_the_ID()),'full');
    // if ($post_thumbnail_src[1] < $featured_img_width) $featured_img_width = $post_thumbnail_src[1];

if (has_post_thumbnail(get_the_ID())) {
    ?>

<div class="outter-wrapper feature">
    <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
    </div>

<?php
    } else {
    ?>

<!-- Start Outter Wrapper -->
    <div class="outter-wrapper feature">
    <hr>
    </div>
    <!-- End Outter Wrapper -->

<?php

}
    ?>

<!-- start outter-wrapper -->
    <div class="outter-wrapper">
    <!-- start main-container -->
    <div class="main-container">
    <!-- start main wrapper -->
    <div class="main wrapper clearfix">
    <!-- start main-content -->
    <div class="main-content three-fourths">

<div class="clearfix">

<!-- THE TITLE -->
    <?php if ($cmb_hide_page_title != "checked") { printf('<h1>%s</h1>', esc_attr(get_the_title())); } ?>

<!-- THE CONTENT -->
    <?php the_content(); ?>

<!-- WP_LINK_PAGES -->
    <?php wp_link_pages(array('before' => '<p>' . __('Pages:','loc_canon'))); ?>

</div>

</div>
    <!-- end main-content -->

<!-- SIDEBAR -->
    <?php

if (class_exists('Woocommerce')) {
    if (mb_is_woocommerce_page()) {
    get_sidebar("woocommerce");
    } else {
    get_sidebar("page");
    }
    } else {
    get_sidebar("page");
    }

?>

</div>
    <!-- end main wrapper -->
    </div>
    <!-- end main-container -->
    </div>
    <!-- end outter-wrapper -->

<?php endwhile; ?>
    <!-- END LOOP -->
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

Looking forward to hear from you again.
    Thanks
    Prinz

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Prinz,

I did some testing and replacing this line of code:
    <?php if ($cmb_hide_page_title != "checked") { printf('<h1>%s</h1>', esc_attr(get_the_title())); } ?>
    With this one should do the trick:
    <?php if ($cmb_hide_page_title != "checked") { printf('<h1>%s</h1>', html_entity_decode(get_the_title())); } ?>
    However I would still try to get in touch with theme developers to see if there is a better way of handling this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.