since using hummingbird, my site is showing up scambled. Suggestions

since using hummingbird, and Smush Pro my site is showing up scambled. Suggestions??

updated: I went in and deactivated both of the above and now my site is working properly. If the problem was due to either of these plugin - that is VERY bad news!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Don,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is most likely caused by Hummingbird Minification feature. Minifcation is quite a complex task and there's virtually no way to either provide default configuration for all possible setups or to detect correct settings in a fully automated way. Results always depend on a combination of WordPress version and it's configuration + theme and its settings + other plugins and their settings.

If a site breaks after enabling Minification in "default state", the course of action would be to review the site and try to identify resources that are "broken". For example, if theme main color is set to red in customizer and it suddenly becomes black, one may expect that theme's files are affected. If slider shows fine but doesn't work, one may expect that JS files of slider plugin are affected, etc.

Then, you would want to go to the "Hummingbird -> Minification" page and toggle off "minification" and/or "combine" switches for related files, one by one, until the site works well again. As a result site would work fine while it would still be optimized as much as possible.

Give it a try please and let me know if you managed to find correct settings. In case you needed more assistance with this, please:

- describe in more detailed way which parts of your site are affected by this and in what way
    - grant me a support access to your site so I could check Minification settings there; in order to grant me a support access please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam