Single column theme for MarketPress?

Hello,

I’m looking for a good theme to use with MarketPress – my main requirement is that it must be a single-column theme with no sidebars. With all the themes offered here it’s hard to look though them all. I am hoping someone can recommend a single-column theme that I can use.

Thanks for any input,

Big Skinny

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Big Skinny,

Hello! We have lots of themes here but you might be interested to try customizing our gridmarket theme.

It’s built for Marketpress and is a child theme of our Framemarket Theme, so it’s perfect for Marketpress Stores.

I’d be glad to help you customize as best I can. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

My first choice would be Canvas from Woothemes. It’s one of the most versatile themes around, but not free.

The next best theme to Canvas is Pagelines: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/pagelines

It’s drag-n-drop and you can adjust columns by dragging…

Here’s a 30+ list at mashable: http://mashable.com/2007/09/04/1-column-wordpress-themes/

If none of this suits you, then you should look at having a child theme created for Framemarket (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme) matched to your specs.

• bigskinny
    • Flash Drive

KimberlyL, we already tried Gridmarket and it wouldn’t display properly with MarketPress on our multisite network. Figure that.

digitsoft, thanks for the genuinely helpful suggestions, but after paying for WPMUDev membership, we really don’t want to buy into more stuff.

In the end we chose WPMUDev’s Business Feature theme. It works fairly well, although some custom CSS had to be used to hide certain elements of the page that were not supposed to be displayed (they were turned off in the options, but still showing). Seems like nothing at WPMUDev works out of the box, which is sad.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

bigskinny,

I’m sorry to hear that Gridmarket didn’t work for you.

I’ve used it tons of times out of the box on sandbox sites and it always comes through for me.

Working out of the box and working exactly as each user expects is subjective unfortunately and the developers cannot plan for every instance of use.

If you have any suggestions for improvement or addons then we would love to hear them. We are hoping to start rolling out some new themes soon as well.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

@cyberzorro0

I’d be glad to help, but for future reference, perhaps you could create a new ticket just to make sure we don’t miss it.

this ticket is a few months old, so there is a good chance we would have missed you

To remove the sidebar you will need to go into your page templates and remove these instances

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

Best!

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.