Single page template for CustomPress post type on multisite

We are using UpFront (with child theme Fixer) on a multisite install.

We are using the CustomPress plugin to create a custom post type (candidates).

The option to create a template file for the custom post type is disabled in multisite.

I have attempted to follow instructions from numerous support threads here, but none of them work (partly because the theme structure for Upfront/Fixer does not follow the structure that these support threads suggests).

We need to have a template for this custom post type that will enable us to display the CustonPress custom fields associated with the post type.

Any help getting this set up would be great.

Support access is granted on the site already.

• Milan

Hello Noelle

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Actually you will only get option of creating custom template automatically if you create your custom post type for network. You can do that just by creating post types from network admin panel. Or you want to enable CustomPress subsite wise and wants to create templates for those subsites ? Would you please advise bit more on what you want to achieve. I got part of question that you want to display association of custom fields of your custom post type candidate. But do you want that post for all subsites or only for selected ones ?

Looking forward to hearing back!
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Noelle

Hi Milan,

I want to achieve this for just one subsite. Although this is currently the *only* subsite, we will eventually add more, and this custom post type will not be relevant for any other sites.

Is there a way I can activate the CustomPress plugin on the subsite only and have full functionality? I only seem to be able to install plugins at a network level...

Does this answer your question?

Cheers
    Noelle

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Noelle!

CustomPress can actually be activated for a single sub-site only but the procedure is a little bit different than usually. Here are the steps:

- go to your "Network Admin -> Plugins" and "network activate" CustomPress
    - go to "Network Admin -> CustomPress -> Settings" page and set checkbox for "Enable sub-site content types" as shown on a screenshot below:

- go to "Network Admin -> Plugins" and "network deactivate" CustomPress
    - go to the dashboard of your sub-site
    - enable CustomPress on "Plugins" page

At this point you will end up having CustomPress working on a "per site" basis and you're able to activate it as well on other sub-sites. All this instances will work separately.

Give it a try please and let me know if it helped!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Noelle

Oh great, thank you for that advice. To confirm, do I only check the FIRST checkbox under 'enable subsite'? A red arrow points to the second checkbox but the checkbox is unticked. Just checking. :slight_smile:

Also, if I do this, will i LOSE the work I've already done up to this point in my subsite custom post type? I have created 3 types + multiple custom fields and I really don't want to lose all of that.

Thanks!

Noelle

• Milan

Hello Noelle,

Hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

Oh great, thank you for that advice. To confirm, do I only check the FIRST checkbox under 'enable subsite'? A red arrow points to the second checkbox but the checkbox is unticked. Just checking.

Yes, You can keep second checkbox unchecked unless you want to display network createed post types on your subsites. :slight_smile:

Also, if I do this, will i LOSE the work I've already done up to this point in my subsite custom post type? I have created 3 types + multiple custom fields and I really don't want to lose all of that.

If you have created those 3 post types via your subsite then you don't need to worry about losing it as it will not affect it anyway. But if you created those post types and custom fields via your main network site then it will display to all subsites if you check second checkbox saying " If you enable this option, all subsites will use and display the content types defined at the network level. " from setting page, otherwise it will not display those post types on subsites.

This little changes should not remove you have created post types, so feel free to conduct it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.