Single Payment Membership Plugin Subscription Period and Mode: Indefinite

When user sign up for a subscription I only want them to be charged a single fee 1 time an then they will always have access to a section of the website. Just a couple of clarifications questions on the membership plugin works.

What happens when a subscription ends? Do I need to set the subscription period to something like 100 years? What happens when the subscription period ends if it is only set to a year or something like that? I just want to make sure users don't get charged a second time.

Also on that same note, If a subscription ends, can a user still log in, and have access to the access levels assigned to them when they purchased the subscription?

Setting the mode to Indefinite simply means the user who buys that subscription will stay on that access level, as opposed to having something like a drip account, it has nothing to do with how long a "subscription" lasts, correct?

Thanks

• PC

Hey Ryan,

What happens when a subscription ends? Do I need to set the subscription period to something like 100 years? What happens when the subscription period ends if it is only set to a year or something like that? I just want to make sure users don't get charged a second time.

You should set it up like the screenshot below

So it should just charge them once and then leave them on the same subscription.

Setting the mode to Indefinite simply means the user who buys that subscription will stay on that access level, as opposed to having something like a drip account, it has nothing to do with how long a "subscription" lasts, correct?

Yes, that is correct. They will not be charged again and they will be on that level for ever.

I will suggest you to test that indefinite level by creating it for 1 day and see after 24 hours that it works fine :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.