Single Sign-on – Mobile

It was pointed out to me, by one of our clients, that there’s “a weird thing that happens when clicking on our products”. After digging in a bit deeper, I was able to replicate the issue he was reporting.

– mobile devices w/ WPMU SSO enabled
– WP MultiSite Installs
– WooCommerce plugin & product pages
– does not seem to display the SSO on desktop (only mobile)

It doesn’t seem to happen on desktop… but on mobile, the SSO featuring throws up a “synchronizing” splash page. This behavior happens to everyone (logged in or not, first time visitor or repeat), and it’s led to having to disable the SSO feature on our MultiSite installs.

here’s a video screen recording of the behavior:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v2jr4ybznk58ag/WPMU-SSO_Synchronize-SplashPg.MP4

• Kris
    • Support

Hi splaquet

Hope you are doing good today.

This is very odd behavior and I could not replicate this issue on my multisite:
    – checked on subsites
    – with WooCommerce pages
    – on mobile
    – as logged in and out user (admin, customer)
    – SSO enabled

I also enter on mobile same url from your video and issue does not appear. Possibly SSO is disabled now.

To investigate this more I will need below data from you.

Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is “I have a different question” and:
    – Mark to my attention: ATTN: Kris Tomczyk
    – Multisite access (login url / username / password)
    – cPanel/host credentials (host / username / password / port), this will give us access to ftp to debug this issue

– Link back to this thread

Please don’t share any sensitive information (i.e credentials) in the Support Forum, it has public visibility and everyone will have access to it.

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Kris , i’m actually migrating the site over to WPMU hosting… so i’m not really too worried about it. i’m also the only person who would be able to use it. since i’m pretty much logged into the site 24/7, it’s really not a feature that offers enough to have turned on.

if you’d like, I can follow back up on this thread once the site’s been migrated. the migration has been chugging along for like 2 days… and we’re at 83%.

i won’t really need the old site for much longer, so you can play around with it and test things out. i find it odd that i’m the only person having this issue. but then again, i’m usually the oddball that has these random issue :disappointed:

• Kris
    • Support

Hi splaquet

If you could test this after the migration and see if the results will be the same. At this point it is hard to point main issue which could cause this. Like maybe SSO conflict with other plugin or maybe some cache on mobile devide.

Please let me know about above results after the migration.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.