Single Sign On with Multi Domains plugin

Hi,

I just installed the Multi Domains plugin. It works great, with the exception of the Single Sign On feature.

If I log on a blog of the network, and then I enter the URL of another blog, I have to log in again. Same happens with Buddypress: If I am logged in in one blog, I can see the BuddyBar and the list of blogs in my network, but if I click on any element of the Buddypress social network or any blog, I have to log in again...

Maybe I didn't really understand what Single Sign On means in the context of the Multi Domains plugin. What I would like to do is to make sure that once a user logs in a blog, he is logged in in any other blog in the network. Is it possible to do so?

• Kimberly

vaelico,

Hi and Thanks for being a WPMU member!

I'll see if I can help shed some light on this plugin for you :slight_smile:

What I would like to do is to make sure that once a user logs in a blog, he is logged in in any other blog in the network. Is it possible to do so?

Yes! This thread has some great info and helps to break it down a bit:https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multi-domains-single-sign-on-explained

Multi-Domain will not work across domain mapped sites. This is essentially a multiple network plugin. So each domain is a separate WordPress network. It does support single sign on.

Each network is separate though.

I understand the need for single signon with domain mapping where the domains belong to you as part of your brand. In fact you could request that feature here, detailing the need for single signon:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests

I hope this offers some clarification, Please let me know if I can do anything else!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• vaelico

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw a feature request similar to mine had already been requested, but got clased as "maybe one for the future" or something like that.

However, you are very close to have it. It can be achieved with the free WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin, which has a "Remote Login" option. You have a very similar Domain Mapping plugin, but lacks this option. More info on this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-breaks-imagemedia-upload#post-180267

So I consider this topic as resolved, with a big thanks to you for the quick response and to Saunt Valerian for sharing his experience with the community, and also with the suggestion of integrating the remote login feature in next releases of your Domain Mapping plugin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.