Single Signon not working

Howdy,

For WPMU DEV SEO, the automatic links works great, however it kills my single signon with multi-site. Right now, I have a sidebar that lists the most recent domains for logged in users. They are all different, e.g. domain1.com, domain2.com, etc. When the user clicks these domains, he stays logged in. However, when we create an automatic link within a post for these same domains, the user gets logged out when he clicks.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi alberti,

Just to check a few things while getting a test setup, do you have WPMU DEV SEO network activated? Also, is it the automatic links that the user gets logged out when clicking on? Or is it simply the domain links in your sidebar?

Cheers,
    David

• alberti
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, it is networked activated. And the automatic links work fine, user clicks on link and goes to website.

When user clicks on sidebar links of same name, user stays logged into network.
    When user clicks on automatic links of same name within a post, user goes to the link, but is logged out.

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Many thanks for clarifying that. You've got a rather unique setup that I'm not sure I'd be able to replicate in testing. I'll see about that though. Could you perhaps provide us with a link where we could see this occurring with the Automatic links turned on?

Oh, and another thing, could you let me know if the issue occurs with the automatic links option unchecked? As opposed to the whole plugin being deactivated I mean.

Thanks,
    David

• alberti

Sure, go to this link:
    http://3.searches.me/2011/03/29/1-searches-inner-link-test/

Notice in the body copy you will see "1 searches" is hyperlinked. That takes you to 1.searches.me. When the logged in user clicks that, he goes to 1.searches.me, but is logged out.

Notice also that 1.searches.me is in the left sidebar. When the logged in user clicks that, he stays logged in and goes to 1.searches.me.

This is actually mission critical for us. If it involves code modification, perhaps you can guide us of what we would need to do. If single signon works in the left sidebar, I have to believe it can work from inside a a post.

Thank you!!!

• Aaron
    • CTO

That makes absolutely no sense to me. The links are exactly the same, nothing in them that would log you out. I cant see how that would be caused by the seo plugin What plugin is providing SSO?

And does the same thing happen with a link you put in the post content yourself?

• alberti

Aaron,

Here's what we do:

We pass login username (encrypted) through query string from our left sidebar to login.php file. In this file, first we have decrypted the user name and then generated login cookies with the help of username.

Code:

wp_setcookie ($username, $password, $already_md5 = false, $home = $url, $siteurl = $url);

How could we do this for the automatic links?

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi alberti, what you're talking about could require quite a bit of a hack to the plugin code and we can provide limited assistance regarding that. If you take a look at wpmu-dev-seo\wds-files\wds-autolinks\wds-autolinks.php you should be able to find whatever relevant code you'd need to edit to get the automatic links to work as you'd like them to.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.