Single user account for access to standalone and multi-site on different domains

Hello,

I have a multi site set up on my main site, where I have billing and invoicing setup for my clients, but I also have a standalone installation on a clients' domain. I am looking to have my client use their already set up username and password for their domain to login to my site so that they can view and pay their invoices. I am interested in using the User Sync plugin to achieve this, but I do not need to have all of my user accounts of my main multi site have an account on my clients domain, nor do I need to have their accounts listed in my clients users area. How can I set up the User Sync plugin so that my client can use their account to access my main multi site with the same credentials? Also, if and when they update their password on their site, will they be able to access my main site with the updated credentials? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Michael, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

First off, I should note that User Synchronization is presently supported for single sites only presently, rather than Multisite, just so you're aware.

With that said, User Synchronization is designed to sync all users from one site to another, it sounds like you're wanting to sync only your client's admin user with your Multisite, which is something that'd require custom development presently.

It'd make for a neat feature request though, as I'm not seeing any plugins out there that sync select users only, let me move this thread over to the Features & Feedback section on the forums, so that other members can vote on this being considered for a future release. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Mtwo

Thanks for the quick reply. I am aware that this is for single site installations, but being adventurous I decided to try it on a development domain to see what would happen. It does appear to work, aside from this issue of extra users of my multi-site being on the single site installation.

Another feature I would like to see is for synchronization to occur in both directions, so that users on a sub-site have an account on the main site. Least of all an option to import users of the sub-site into the main site.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.