Site activation doesn't seem to work

I'm kinda getting disheartened. Some of the simplest tasks don't seem to work properly.

I went into my site and registered a new account. It sends a activation email. I click on the link to activate. Then I got the following message when I got to that page: "Already Installed

You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first."

On top of that, then I go to the subdomain site that I just created as a new user. I get this message, "This site is temporarily disabled until payment is received. Please check back later."

All I did when I registered is check the box that I wanted a site and give it the subdomain name. I never was taken to an upgrade page or anything like that. (I shouldn't have been... I didn't check the box that said that I wanted to upgrade) This should have been a free site. I'm really confused why this doesn't work. Can someone please help? Thanks.

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums. Sorry about the issues you are facing. I am around to help so you need not worry about a single thing.

Seems like there is an issue with the settings.

Can you please have a look at Prosites >> Modules and gateways and see if Pay to blog module is enabled ?

if yes, then you should disable that else it would not let one use a site until payment is made.

Please advise if unchecking that fixes the issue. If not, we will have a closer look :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• warpedmind

Thanks @pc. That did it! However, when I am logged in as the test user (user: bilbo, pw: test), mydomain/members/bilbo/blogs/ shows that I have no sites listed. But the site is there. Are "blogs" different than the subsites I'm creating? Why is it that when I go to bilbo.mydomain, it is there... but when I look at my site listings, it is not? On top of that, I am logged and and, when I go to that site (bilbo.mydomain), I do not see a way to get to admin from here... no way to add posts, nothing. I'm trying to make this website newbie friendly.

Can you please log in to my site and check it out? I was really hoping to launch this by Jan. 1, but I'm having so many problems, I guess I can't. :slight_frown: (But thank you soooo very much for all your help so far!)

• warpedmind

And I just noticed another weird problem... I believe there are some conflicts going on between my subsites. On the main subsite page (bilbo.mydomain), I thought I'd just see if I could make a comment at least. When I clicked on it, it took me to http://testinganewsite.mydomain/2013/12/22/hello-world/#comments, which automatically routed me to http://mydomain/#comments. Note, two problems: the subdomain in the link was a different subsite domain that I had set up with another test user (testinganewsite.mydomain), and second, I can't even leave comments! Help please!

• PC

However, when I am logged in as the test user (user: bilbo, pw: test), mydomain/members/bilbo/blogs/ shows that I have no sites listed. But the site is there. Are "blogs" different than the subsites I'm creating? Why is it that when I go to bilbo.mydomain, it is there... but when I look at my site listings, it is not?

Looks like there was some issue while creating a site. There was no user assigned to that site. So you were not getting any sites listed.

I visited : http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/network/site-users.php?id=14 and added an existing user to the site (bilbo) and now http://yourdomain.com/members/bilbo/blogs/ shows up the users site.

On top of that, I am logged and and, when I go to that site (bilbo.mydomain), I do not see a way to get to admin from here... no way to add posts, nothing. I'm trying to make this website newbie friendly.

Strange, looks like you are not allowing backend access to the sites. Is that happening with all the sites or just this ?

I think it just happened due to the pay to blog module enabled. Create a new free site and see if you see the same behaviour.

The comment issue is also related with the above explanation.

Creating a new site and checking it again would clarify things. Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.