blog and user registration problem

hello
i'm having some issue with my maltisite blog registration i just tried to create a blog my self and i found out that if the site only create user account and it will not create the blog for the user.
although i customized the payment gateway with 2check so what could be the problem.
1. i tried to register a blog like blabla.mydomain.com and i finalized the payment on 2check but instead i only got a user account and my new blog was not registered.
2. we have not updated pro-site plugin to the current version because my developer is ill, could that the reason?
although i don't think that should be the reason because i have been receiving email for long that new user account is registered but new blog is not registered.

• Sajid

Hi donrich,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but we don't officially support 2checkout payment gateway with Pro Sites plugin so I am really unable to replicate this issue on my own website.

What I can suggest you at the moment is that, first of all make sure its not a plugin or theme conflict. Secondly please update the Pro-Sites to latest version (we don't offer support for older version of plugin) and then check again.

Also, one more thing, to ensure your WordPress user and blog registration is working. Disable even Pro Sites plugin and then try to create a blog to make sure its an issue with plugin or WordPress core.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi donrich,

Thanks for more details about the issue. Could you please grant support staff access to the new multisite that you created in step 2 above ? I will try to create a new site and user on your site to see where exactly its failing.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Nastia

Hello donrich

Thank you for granting access to your site!

I would like to mention that the Pro Site has already built in free level, a user can use it by clicking on the "No thank you, I will continue with a basic site for now" link, like it's shown in the attached screenshot:

I have registered as a user to your site with the built in free level without an issue:

And I've received the registration email, but I couldn't login because of the fatal error:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare login_header() (previously declared in .../wp-login.php:33) in .../wp-content/plugins/anti-splog/includes/blog-suspended-template.php on line 210

Please run a quick check for a conflict with another plugin. From the fisrt look, the Anti Splog plugin is what causing this, but to be sure, deactivate all other plugins except Pro Sites, switch to a default WordPress theme and test again. If the error is gone, activate one plugin at the time to find the one that causes this error.

You can follow the flowchart from our manual which will help you to troubledhoot this issue:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

As for free level that you have created, once I've created a site and submited manual payment, the request went through. Please, see the screenshot:

After this you must activate the member site manually.

When you tried to create a test site, did you see any errors?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• donrich

There was a time i asked my developer her to edit wp-signup.php to mysite.com/join-network and since then even bots are no more registering in auto i don't no if that is the reason why the code is not going through. please can you help me do anything about it.
    since we change that signup.php even the bot can only register username but not blog it seem that could be the problem or the reason why our users can register username, but not blog.please help.thanks

• Nastia

Hello donrich

I hope you are doing well today!

Would you please create a full backup of your site, You can create a backup with the Snapshot plugin.

Once you create a backup, please send to us your credentials so we can have a closer look?

You can send them using our secure Contact form:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

We are waiting for your email!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• donrich

Hello
    Please why is it that the first password a user always received after registering a blog is always a wrong password?
    I have lost a lot of users over this because once they try the password and if is wrong they get discouraged and they will move on forget their account.

Why is it that the email a user always receive after registration always go to spam mail

Am also still having issues with user not able to register a blog after the registered there user name.

• Nastia

Hello donrich

I trust you are doing well today!

I've checked and we haven't received your credentials so we could troubleshoot this issue further.

Please why is it that the first password a user always received after registering a blog is always a wrong password?

I can't reproduce this with Pro Site plugin. Would you please send to us your credentials so we can have a closer look ?

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

On our Contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Why is it that the email a user always receive after registration always go to spam mail

This is not a Pro Site issue. If your email goes to a spam folder, it means that it's blacklisted or the email Authentication is deactivated.

Please have a look at the articles below to fix this issue:
    https://emailmarketing.comm100.com/email-marketing-tutorial/emails-going-to-junk.aspx
    http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/email/fighting-spam/stop-emails-being-labeled-spam

We are waiting for your email.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello donrich

I hope all is well!

I have registered on your site and the password that I have received in my email it's the same with the one I registered with.

That means that user can register on your site.

However, when I login to my site, I always redirected to pro site pages to upgrade my account. This is because you have "Pay To Blog" module activated

"Pay To Blog" disabling free level and allows to users access their site only after payment. Deactivate the module from Pro Sites > Modules and this issue will be resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further issues!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• donrich

hello!
    but all the users, that i manually created free blog for couldn't login with the first password the system sent to them, can you please login and create one blog from super admin, try and login with the password you will receive in your email to see what will happen.

please did you tamper with the login page i can't login any more through mysite.com.ng/wp-admin please help check thanks.

• Nastia

Hello donrich

please did you tamper with the login page i can't login any more through mysite.com.ng/wp-admin please help check thanks.

When I loged in to your site, I only checked the Pro Site settings. I see that the wp-admin is redirected the following path:

http://yoursite.com.ng/home4/yoursitefolder/public_html/yoursite.com.ng/wp-admin/

I tested your site for a possible conflict, enabled WordPres debug and checked the error logs on your server. The issue you having is not connected with WordPress but with your hosting provider.

It is possible that your site was attacked and your host has blocked all access to wp-admin. To resolve this, please contact with your server to make sure that this is the case.

Although, I was able to login with the following path:

http://yoursite.com.ng/wp-login.php?loggedout=true

Please change yoursite with your domain name.

but all the users, that i manually created free blog for couldn't login with the first password the system sent to them

I didn't catch that you wre manualy creating users. I tested this twice on your site and created users usernastiabiz & user2nastiabiz, both times I logged in to the site with the password that WordPress system sent to me.

Would you please test it again, and make sure that you are copy-pasting the password?

Let us know when your host provider will reply!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello donrich

I'm sorry to hear this.

I visited your site at wp-admin and there is an error:
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

At the front end, browsers show "Server not Found" error. It's looks like there is an issue with your DNS.

Please login to your domain provider and check that you have the following Name Servers

ns6313.hostgator.com
    ns6314.hostgator.com

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi donrich,

That appears to be a plugin or theme issue. Try to make a plugin/theme conflict test and then check if that error go away.

Also, try adding following code in wp-config.php file to enable debugging. After enabling the debugging visit the admin page and then check debug.log file to see any error messages. If you found any then post those here by masking/removing your username from the link for security reason.

Find the following code in wp-config.php file:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

And replace it with this one:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• donrich

I have replace the code but is no working yet, but i i didn't accross any thing like this code define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); what i replaced with the code you gave me is this code define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); and i also saw this code define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
    please how do i make a plugin/theme conflict test ? because it seems like i need to login to be able to do that accouding to info searched in google!
    i started experiensing this issue after i try to fix some issue on defender plugin hardener, so i don't know if defender plugin is the issue. please help me.thanks

• donrich

I have replace the code but is no working yet, but i i didn't accross any thing like this code define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); what i replaced with the code you gave me is this code define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); and i also saw this code define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
    please how do i make a plugin/theme conflict test ? because it seems like i need to login to be able to do that accouding to info searched in google!
    i started experiensing this issue after i try to fix some issue on defender plugin hardener, so i don't know if defender plugin is the issue. please help me.thanks

• Nastia

Hello donrich

My appologies for late reply!

I see your is site is back online. Was it a plugin or DNS nameservers that caused 500 error?

please i dont't know how to get into that debu.log file i coun't finde a file like that!

You can find the debug.log file once you access your site's directory. Open File Manager from your cPanel and go yo blogpost.com.ng/wp-content directory. Inside there you will find the debug.log

Let me know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• donrich

Hello please i dont know want is wrong with my site, users can't register from the pro-site frontpage form anymore. and myblogsite.com.ng/wp-signup.php is not working is showing this page have been deleted. here is the link to myblogsite.com.ng/create-free-blog/ just try to see if you can create site and see what i mean.

another issue is that i created affiliate page but the content is not displaying what is in the the backend post. myblogsite.com.ng/create-free-blog/ is not updating in real time befor but is it seems like is the catche plugin that delayed it. do actually need to disable the plugin when am working on the site? but this is a maltisite other users also working on the site a user complain about this! please and check all this access is granted already. thanks

• Nastia

Hello donrich , I hope all is well!

My apologies for late reply.

The link myblogsite.com.ng/wp-signup.php is redirected to pro-site/?action=new_blog from where users can sign your to your site.

I was able to create successfully a site with Pro Site plugin. Please see screenshot:

Do user's see any errors when they are trying to create a site?

another issue is that i created affiliate page but the content is not displaying what is in the the backend post. myblogsite.com.ng/create-free-blog/ is not updating in real time befor but is it seems like is the catche plugin that delayed it.

When a user wish to create an account on the Affliate page:

He is redirected to the URL below which is incorrect:
    http://http//yoursite.com.ng/pro-site/?action=new_blog

It should be:
    http:/yoursite.com.ng/pro-site/?action=new_blog

Please make sure that you are using correct URL.

do actually need to disable the plugin when am working on the site?

If you mean cache plugin, then no, you do not need to deactivate it when you are working.

I've checked the page from the backend and it is exactly the same as the page at the front end. However, I can confirm that the changes are not shown right away.

You are using the WP Super Cache plugin, make sure that your .htaccess file matching with the rules what the super cache says that they should be. You can find these rules from your network Settings > WP Super Cache, under the Mod Rewrite Rules section.

You can try another cache plugin if this one is causing troubles. Have a look at this article with cache plugins suggestions.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• donrich

Don't no how you did it i just tried it i did not get a site what i only got was user account. did you create yours through the back end or through front end.

Just go through front end to create account you will see what am talking about.
    I choose manual payment but the sign up form are not turning the way am expecting it, even when you submit the sign up form the table will not go away.
    Is it possible to create a plugin that will only handle the sign up and site creation bcos pro-site plugin is not helping me here.
    please when are people going to add other payment getaway like 2checkout etc.
    why is it that when ever a site is create wp-defend security plugin will tell there's an issue?
    File Issue
    error_log
    /wp-admin/error_log Unknown file in WordPress core

• Nastia

Hello donrich

Don't no how you did it i just tried it i did not get a site what i only got was user account. did you create yours through the back end or through front end.

I created this account from the front end. From your home page, I navigated to Create a Free Blog menu. However, when I was testing I choosed to create a free site.

Please check the screencast below where I an creating a new account:
    https://monosnap.com/file/abwBw3IsHcv51Ng2hOXZ7vR1uTRquI

Just go through front end to create account you will see what am talking about.
    I choose manual payment but the sign up form are not turning the way am expecting it, even when you submit the sign up form the table will not go away.

I followed your instructions and created a Pro site level, I was able to submit manual payment. You will find my user account (user6) inside your WordPress site.
    Please see the screenshot:

Although in order the site to be created, you need to approve the manual payment. An email should be sent to your email address.

When you choose manual payment, and after pressing the 'Submit" button, do you see any errors anywhere on the page? If not, would you please try with another browser?

please when are people going to add other payment getaway like 2checkout etc.

The Pro Site doesn't have 2checkout payment gateway, it only includes the following gateways: PayPal Express/Pro and Stripe. Would you please clarify how your users will add 2checkout payment gateway?

why is it that when ever a site is create wp-defend security plugin will tell there's an issue?
    File Issue
    error_log
    /wp-admin/error_log Unknown file in WordPress core

This question is regarding the WP Defender plugin, would you please create a new thread for this question so the issues here will not be confused.

You can create a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• donrich

Hello
    I must confess that am getting tired of pro-site on my multi-site bcos this is the second time i have wasted money promoting my blog on google adword all the people that click the ads end up getting only users account instead of creating blogs.
    1. please are there any other way i can user like membership2 plugin to monetize my multi-site?
    2. are there any other way i can monetize my multi-site network without using pro-site?
    3. are there any other plugin that can only handle user registration and blog creation?
    4.Is it possible that manual registration is not strong enough to with start the hit of handling user and blog registration?
    5. is possible to hire a develper to create a customized registration with local payment platforms in my country, is possible for a good developer to add another form of making payment, so that users can create account and blog.thanks
    please i need help on how to resolve this

• Nastia

Hello donrich , I hope you are well!

1. please are there any other way i can user like membership2 plugin to monetize my multi-site?

With Membership 2 plugin you can sell recurring or single subscriptions so the members can have access to the protected content on your site.

2. are there any other way i can monetize my multi-site network without using pro-site?

There are many monetization ways in general, everything depends on what you wish to do. If you are looking for another plugin like a Pro Site, I think there are none.

3. are there any other plugin that can only handle user registration and blog creation?

You don't need a plugin that handles registration. Users can be registered by default with WordPress from the /wp-login.php/ page. Same goes to the blog creation, in Settings > Network Settings
    you can allow blog creating by selecting "Both sites and user accounts can be registered."

4.Is it possible that manual registration is not strong enough to with start the hit of handling user and blog registration?

My apologies, I do not understand your question, would you please elaborate and let me know what you mean?

5. is possible to hire a develper to create a customized registration with local payment platforms in my country, is possible for a good developer to add another form of making payment, so that users can create account and blog.thanks

You believe you can find a developer in any country, that can do this for you. You can also hire a developer remotely, post a new job in Jobs & Pros section.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• donrich

My target is to use Membership 2 plugin so that a user can create an account with a blog at the same time,
    1.But how do i add mysite.com.ng/wp-signup.php on the membership level form, so that a user can choose blog and create account after payment or Allow Members to choose a site name and title at checkout.
    2. How do i add a space or a custom field in the form so that a user can add their phone number on the signup form so that the admin can be able to contact the user on the phone if the need rise.
    3. How do i group all the premium plugins with membership 2 plugin levels or how do i integrate pro-site with membership plugin.

• Nastia

Hello donrich , I trust you are doing well today!

1.But how do i add mysite.com.ng/wp-signup.php on the membership level form, so that a user can choose blog and create account after payment or Allow Members to choose a site name and title at checkout.

You need to Network Activate the Membership 2 plugin and add the following code inside the wp-config.php file, so the protection rules will be applied on all subsites of the WordPress installation

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

All the users, that wants to register, will be redirected to Membership registration page, and you can protect the "Blog Create" URL with URL Protection add-on in Membership 2 > Add-ons

2. How do i add a space or a custom field in the form so that a user can add their phone number on the signup form so that the admin can be able to contact the user on the phone if the need rise.

Membership 2 doesn't have the option to add custom fields, you can use BuddyPress plugin instead for registration, and add a custom fields with "Extended Profiles" component. Navigate to User > Profile Fields, to add a custom field.

Make sure that you enable the BuddyPress Integration add-on in Membership 2 > Add-ons, and "Use BuddyPress Registration" option inside the add-on.

3. How do i group all the premium plugins with membership 2 plugin levels or how do i integrate pro-site with membership plugin

It is not possible to group premioum plugins, the Membership is not build to do this. The Membership 2 is not integrated with the Pro Sites plugin.

You can use the Premium Plugins module only with the Pro Sites plugin.

If you have any further questions that us not related to the original issue you posted here, please create a new thread here. This way you will have a faster response from us.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• donrich

My target is to use Membership 2 plugin so that a user can create an account with a blog at the same time,
    On membership 2 plugin sign up page there's no place for a user to be able to create an account with a blog at the same time, choose a site name and title at checkout.
    How do i add features on sign up page so that a user will see the levels, and know what they are getting on each plan they choose.
    Please also help me ith a video on ho to use membership plugin.
    My target is to utilize it on my multi-site to be able to register and allow users subscribe to our plans.

• Nastia

Hello donrich

The Membership 2 is not Integrated with Pro Site. So I do not have a clear picture what the structure of your site will be.

If users first will sign up for a membership, you can manually create a page with tables and describe the Pro Site features there, something like a presentation page.

To create tables you can use one of the following plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-table/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/

At the end of each table, add a membership subscribe button that will lead to a specific membership sign up page. For a button, use the following shortcode:
    [ms-membership-buy id="89"]
    Replace the 89 with your membership ID.

You will find a full list of shortcodes in Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes

Please also help me ith a video on ho to use membership plugin.

Would you please be more specific and let us know more about what you need? Because this question is a different one than the original.

Please create a new thread for it in our forums here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.