Site can't connect with Databse

After a while, I’ve checked my site and can see the site is down due to DB issue. Also can see there are 2 backups only within hosting hub but should be few more. Need help to recover the site.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there skylin !

Hope you are doing well today!

We’re really very sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I’m responding here just to confirm that this has been escalated to our Hosting team for investigation and they’re doing so as we speak. The Hosting team themselves, me or another colleague of mine will respond back here as soon as there is an update regarding this. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello skylin

I’m really sorry for the frustration here. Our developers brought back your website and monitor the server as there are still some out-of-memory issues happening with MariaDB that aren’t tracked yet. We’ll keep you posted here as soon as there’s any further update on this.

Unfortunately, hosting backups can’t be working as long as the WP installation itself isn’t working, so it’s not that backup files were deleted, but rather a case that never got created.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi skylin ,

I’m sorry for the late reply here but I had to monitor the site to be able to pinpoint what might’ve been causing the issue.

For the time being it seems that the issue was coming from wp-cron overloading the system forcing it out of memory. Specifically whenever a cron named “wpuc_cron_hook” was starting to run.

This cron comes from the plugin named “wp-ultimate-crypto” that I see it’s no longer available on the authors website and it has been removed from WordPress Plugin repository 6 months ago as well ( I can’t be sure why ).

I’ve temporarily disabled that plugin by renaming it’s folder to “wp-ultimate-crypto.bak” and have reset the crons as well.

The load and memory of the server after doing this seems stable and I haven’t noticed any issues for the time being.

I’m informing you since I can’t be sure how and where you have been using that plugin as some aspects of the website might not be properly working due to it being disabled at the moment.

Regards,

Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.