Site Categories

Site Categories plugin is not very SEO Friendly and really needs the Page title fixed so the category name is in the title. Infinite SEO is not playing as well.

I mentioned this in a previous post as well, it would be nice and more SEO friendly if you got rid of "Category" in the <h1> post-title and just allowed the Category title

Thank you!!

• Tom Eagles

@ronsmart

Hi there just switched this over to site categories for the moment so @Paul can give us some feedback as to the features you want adding (added them as a feature request for you). With regards to the category being in the title to be honest although it's a nice idea personally from my point of view its not necessary, one of my sites i developed for my language school business ranks consistently in the top 5-10 results in every search engine locally ie .cz tld and also in the top 5 in google.com and google.cz and i only have the page name and site name in the title. I specifically targeted my nearest city in both the domain name and categories etc and still show high up in a national level as well. Whatever you do don't lose focus on content, that's the king for seo. anyway enough ramblings on seo.

Also tagging @Vladislav the developer of infinite seo for feedback also.

Cheers

Tom

• Paul

@ronsmart,

Thanks for the new thread. as I mentioned in your other thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/site-category-needs#post-386525 I've posted a new version of Site Categories that will allow the admin to control the prefix of the title.

Now I'm not at all SEO literate. But just looking at a category page on the default TwentyTwelve theme I noted the <h1> titler DOES contain the prefix 'category'. And this is from WordPress.

See the attached image. And here is the HTML for that <h1>

<header class=&quot;archive-header&quot;>
    <h1 class=&quot;archive-title&quot;>Category Archives: <span>Uncategorized</span></h1>
    </header>

So things like you saying is not proper SEO and that WordPress produces a default theme tend to confuse the rest of us.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.