Site categories – Error in strings :)

Hiya !

Hard work of translation began so found another little error.

Site catégories

Line 607 of PO file

On the Site Admin Settings page the admin can enter a description fro the site. instead of FOR

:slight_smile:

Will notify if i find other :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Aphrodite,

I have tagged the Lead developer of this plugin on this thread and would wait for a response from him on this one.

Though it might take longer than usual to get a reply as he might be busy with some major plugin updates. However I would keep a track and followup regularly

Cheers

PC

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@aphrodite, Ok. Not sure what you mean by heavy. Our content team has approved the notes.

So on your changes I’ll correct the ‘fro’ to ‘for’ issue.

On the second issue this is just the way the gettext wrapper is setup around the parts of the sentence parts. Per the notes from WordPress codex HTML like anchors should be excluded from the gettext translation. So the word ‘Avatars’ is split from the main part of the sentence because it is actually part of the HTML anchor.

<p><?php echo __(‘Site icons requires the install of the’, SITE_CATEGORIES_I18N_DOMAIN) .’ ‘. __(‘Avatars’, SITE_CATEGORIES_I18N_DOMAIN) .’ ‘. __(‘plugins’, SITE_CATEGORIES_I18N_DOMAIN) ?></p>

The first part if the sentence is found in the .pot file line 762

#: site-categories.php:1546

msgid “Site icons requires the install of the”

msgstr “”

The second part for the word ‘Avatars’ is also found in the .pot file line 618. note it references the same line in the PHP code, line 1546.

#: site-categories.php:1023 site-categories.php:1546

msgid “Avatars”

msgstr “”

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.