Site Categories plugin site dissapear

i have installed the site categories plug-in on my wordpress multi site to add a site categories list for different site topics. but the sites keep disappearing from the site categories page

• Salem

Hello Michael,
    OK, on the "Our Site Page" when you clicked the site categories link it would open up a listing of sites for that site categories. and that would work, however the "SUB-SITE" that would be added to the page would be gone.

here is the thing that i am trying to accomplish with this site...
    The home page is a Google custom search ( I used the code on the page versus the plug-In) that will link to all product,post, pages, site... I Like The Fact Of GOOGLE
    THE "NEWS" link is a Blog that will have all the "SubSite" Feeds published there like a new feed(AutoBlog Plugin)
    The "OUR SITES" Link is a Shop by site categories type of listing( Sites Categories Plug-in)
    The News Feed i Want it to Auto Publish to FaceBook(Ultimate FaceBook Plug-In) & Google+ Pages ( Google+ Plug-In), the i wanted the Visitor to have the ability to comment with there fav. Platform (Comments+ Plug-in) .
    the publishing to social media wont work right for me ...i have asked before but i don't no if an update or something changes it knocks it out of whack.
    And to top all this off i run this platform on an older host-gator sever... and i really want to set this up so that every time that a new website is added that it will create a new database for that site..(Multi-DB) my thought process be hind the data base is that it would be faster, more stable, ...YEA FASTER..

i no its just little things to make this all fall into place... i cant wait to get it all figured out...

OK so that is the just of it Michael
    hope you can understand my thoughts...and maybe help point me in the right directions for this project....Salem

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Salem,

OK, on the "Our Site Page" when you clicked the site categories link it would open up a listing of sites for that site categories. and that would work, however the "SUB-SITE" that would be added to the page would be gone.

I follow you on that front, but here's the thing: when did the sites start to disappear? That's still a mystery here. :disappointed:

Although, given what you said here:

And to top all this off i run this platform on an older host-gator sever... and i really want to set this up so that every time that a new website is added that it will create a new database for that site..(Multi-DB) my thought process be hind the data base is that it would be faster, more stable, ...YEA FASTER..

Perhaps a move from your present hosting would also solve your disappearing subsite problems. :slight_smile:

If you're looking to have over 5,000 sites with this network (which is where Multi-DB would begin to enter the picture), then you'd really want at least a VPS, or even better, a dedicated server.

Though I should note that in regards to this statement:

i really want to set this up so that every time that a new website is added that it will create a new database for that site

I would want to check out the "Decide if you need VIP databases" section on the usage page for Multi-DB, it doesn't sound like you would need to have things set up like that.

Regarding web hosts to look into, WP Engine & Page.ly have been mentioned in our blog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/web-hosting-review-so-just-who-is-the-best/

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.