Site chat avatar uses incorrect img src attribute

As you can see from the attached screenshot, our site chat in the bottom corner has images with the wrong src attribute. Looking at the source code, it appears to be the user's email address rather than their avatar image file location. Is there a fix for this?

Cheers,
Vernon

• signed_up
    • The Crimson Coder

Right-click the corrupted image's placeholder and Open Image in New Tab. Copy the image's url.

If this is a live site, please provide the image's url. If not, just post a reply saying that it isn't and I'll try some other solutions.

If you get the notification, "This page isn't the one you are looking for" (or something similar when right click open image in new tab, click continue and provide URL.

I might be able to help here.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Vaughan, he shouldn't need the avatars plugin if he is running BuddyPress wince avatars are manage via the BP user profile.

@vfowler,

Hmm. The Chat 2.0.2 was purposely a fix for local avatars where as this was broken in 2.0.1 and prior. On the screenshot you provided are these new messages or old? Have you tried logout then log back in? Is there any way I can see this on a public page? Just need to get at the HTML/CSS to determine what is going on.

• vfowler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That was the issue Paul. I cleared out the old chat sessions from both the site and the page. I then started fresh sessions and the avatars are appearing correctly now. Thank you kindly.

Unfortunately our site is a walled garden rather than a public one so I can't point you to a URL to view source. Besides there's no need this time, you pinpointed the problem.

Thanks again for your time. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Vernon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.