site-content-contain transparency issue

Hi I am working with the 2017 Wordpress Theme.

I have been digging all over forums to find out how i can change my .site-content-contain transparency but I'm not having any luck.

I have tried adding this to my css:

.site-content-contain{
background: rgba(225, 225, 225, 0.3);
}

.site-content-contain{
background: transparent;
}

.site-content-contain{
background: transparent !important;
}

.site-content-contain{
opacity: 0.4;
}

I am able to set the background to a color and that works, but creating transparency on this div so i can see some of the images behind them has proven very difficult.

• James Morris

Hello Jnaine

I hope you are well today.

I tested this on a default install of Twenty Seventeen and the following worked perfectly for me.

.site-content-contain {
        background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.3);
    }

Screenshot: http://storage1.static.itmages.com/i/18/0329/h_1522308706_1276978_860e73746b.png

I've tried a number of CSS tricks on your site and temporarily disabled your custom CSS. Nothing I attempt on your site seems to take effect for the .site-content-contain class. I even walked through the HTML hierarchy and checked for conflicting defines anywhere in the document markup. It's simply being forced, but I was not able to find where.

I suspect you have something (perhaps a plugin like Beaver Builder) forcing this style.

Could you please run a plugin conflict test to eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin?

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new plugins folder
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: wpml) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

If that does not lead to a solution, please ping us back here so we can continue to dig into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.