Site Crashed

I was working from my wordpress/WPMU Dev dashboard and the whole site crashed.

I cannot login to the site now. Here is the error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class URI_Template_Parser in /home/annie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/external/google/external/URITemplateParser.php on line 30

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

Wow! That's an odd one. I've seen this error associated with Google stuff before, but not our plugin yet. So, what I'd say you need to do to get back up and rolling would be to log in via FTP or your cPanel and rename the folder wpmu-dev-plusone to anything else, such as wpmu999-dev-plusone, and this will break the link that is crashing the site. That is, by renaming the folder, you essentially change the path of the connection that's causing the conflict. This should get you back up and running.

To see about getting your site running the way you like it, I would disable all plugins, rename the plusone back to its original, in my example it would mean removing the 999, and then activate it. If it again crashes your site with it being the only one activated, then you are probably looking at a theme issue. At that point, you have a choice to make, keep the plugin or keep the theme.

If on the other hand all is good, then you can reactivate plugins one by one checking for conflicts along the way. Sound good?

Cheers,
    Paul

"Try it, you'll like it!"

~Advice from an Alka Seltzer ad.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Anne,

FTP is a way to log in to the backend of the files. You won't see a Wordpress interface because you won't be in a browser, but you will see the files in question. If you look at our manuals

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-ftp-to-install-wordpress-mu/

you'll see some instructions about how to set up an FTP application. You could also log on to cPanel and open a Filemanager window.

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Cheers,
    Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.