Site creation flow with Pro Sites

I'm trying to achieve certain flow on registration/site creation process and maybe you can help me get the backend/plugin settings correct to get desired effect.

Since we use Pro Sites we created levels as we want to able to control and upsell premium plugins/functionality and themes using Pretty Plugins, Themes Manager and New Blog templates.

So since we have levels the signup form displays tables/levels.
User has to select level before setting up sub site.
Default account confirmation is in place and we have set blogs and accounts can be registered in settings and Free level disabled.

Is there a combination of settings (or a plugin) to have a flow of signing up similar to EduBlogs (going through steps)?

Can we register users, they create a site on Basic level, then they can upgrade?

How does having users register first before creating a sub site affect process?

Do you have a cheat sheet of different combinations of site settings and plugins to achieve different setups?

Thank you.

• Nithin

Hi Jason Bishop,

Is there a combination of settings (or a plugin) to have a flow of signing up similar to EduBlogs (going through steps)?

I'm afraid, there isn't any out of the box settings to enable a register procedure other than the default register process. It'll require custom coding to implement such changes as shown in EduBlogs, if you are considering custom coding you can check the Jobs & Pros section to hire a developer to get this sorted asap.

Can we register users, they create a site on Basic level, then they can upgrade?

Not sure whether I quite understand your workflow here. By default there isn't any such feature in the plugin, users will have to register their website with the Pro site level, and once done you can manually upgrade to your desired pro site levels, if needed.

If you could please elaborate about your intended workflow, I could check this with the developer to see whether we could have a quick workaround, please do let us know.

How does having users register first before creating a sub site affect process?

Registered users can create N number of subsites with out any issues, and it should work smoothly. If they already have registered subsites, it'll be listed along in the checkout page ie the default /pro-site page.

Do you have a cheat sheet of different combinations of site settings and plugins to achieve different setups?

I'm afraid there isn't any such different combinations available, you can check all the modules under Pro Sites > Modules for all the different features, and functionalists the plugin is capable of. Other than that, it'll require custom coding to achieve your desired setups. Is there any specific setups that you are looking for?

I hope this helps getting you started, please advise if I had missed out anything. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin