Site description not showing up on Google

Hi,

For some odd reason my site description is not showing up anywhere. What could be causin this?

site : http://www.isp.fi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Hiifons,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I've just checked your site and your missing all meta tags.

Google takes your description and title from

meta title="my awesome title"
    meta description="my awesome description".

Looks like it may be Visual composer that's stripped these, have you always used Visual Composer for your home page?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Hiifons
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

I´m just confused about what has caused this from the beginning. I have filed a ticket to the themes support forum. Does this mean that all of my sites meta tags are disabled? Could this be becase I have activated a child theme?

• Gregg
    • New Recruit

I have had a look, hope you don't mind?

Looking at your source code on your home page I noticed you are using Yoast Seo plugin. I replicated this, and in my source code it told me the following.

<!-- Admin only notice: this page doesn't show a meta description because it doesn't have one, either write it for this page specifically or go into the SEO -> Titles menu and set up a template. -->

Or when Editing a page or post scroll down to the yoast seo section and it will have the fields there to edit your page title and meta description (screenshot attached) Doing it this way means you can edit as often as you want without having to edit php files.

Hope this helps.
    Best of Luck :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.