site disappeared - 2nd template try -UPDATE

This is our second template purchase. I had to let go the BlogMU template and purchase because I couldn't get it to work right. I did email support again once I was able to get back to the site; my membership expired, I told them of the still not working template but since I didn't have a membership anymore, I guess it wasn't important.

I just now purchased this template, I uploaded the theme, activated it and got a fatal error. I deleted the template via ftp but my site won't come back up.

I just tried to upload the screenshot of the error but the add screenshot below is not working for me.

My site is joyoushomemaking.com Thanks.

**UPDATE - I was able to get the site up and template working. I don't know what happened, I haven't gone through all the functions to make sure all is working right but I thought I better update that my site is not missing anymore and the template is up without error. Thanks, I will post again if I have more issues which I hope not!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Now, if you get that error with the theme gone well something isn't right with your install however lets look at how you added the theme....

Can you copy the error to me? You see Scholar works for me so it probably is something to do with how you are uploading the theme or your set up.

That being said never known an install we can't get a theme working on. So.. first up lets make sure you get the files under wp-content/themes. Don't upload the zip. Unzip on your computer then ftp up the files so you'd have bp-scholar/ (all the files in it) under your wp-content/themes/ directory.

Then lets get started from that point.

• Theresa
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tammie,
    I did unzip and upload http://ftp... I'm wondering if the files got messed up while they were being put over. We have been having trouble with internet speed on our network. I deleted again and reloaded and all worked.

So far so good, thank you for responding. Sorry I panicked, the last theme didn't work for us :slight_frown:
    Theresa

• Theresa

Hi Tammie,
    I did unzip and upload http://ftp... I'm wondering if the files got messed up while they were being put over. We have been having trouble with internet speed on our network. I deleted again and reloaded and all worked. I did load the screenshot for you to look at.

So far so good, thank you for responding. Sorry I panicked, the last theme didn't work for us :slight_frown:
    Theresa

• Theresa

Tammie,
    I'm not sure if this is an issue, I can't find where people register on this template. Can you look at the front and tell me if you can register or is it gone? I thought that BuddyPress had it's own registration that showed; I looked through the admin to see if I had something turned off, but I don't remember ever having to turn anything on...
    http://www.joyoushomemaking.com
    thank you, Theresa

• Theresa

Tammie, Yes, I found that, on our other site I had to leave it unchecked because we are using a membership plugin that has it's own registration (it was a long day yesterday-10 kids chattering all the time), so I got a little confused!

I added a quick group, and it made one not two - in the last template it was adding an extra group into the database each time and the forums wouldn't take a topic. I don't know what happened.

Thank you! I'm so glad it's working, it's a nice layout for the community. (Now I feel better about trying some other plugins you all have here too:slight_smile:
    Theresa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.