SITE DOWN 7 Times a Day!

Our systems have detected that your site – https://www.bukuinc.com/ – went down on Aug 22, 2019 2:52pm and is returning “Socket timeout.”

My site goes down about 7 times a day for 2-5 minutes and I’m not even working on the site. It is brand new and shouldn’t have more then 20 page views a day.

I have your HUB on it with Defender, SnapShot, Smush & Hummingbird.

I can not get the site to load photos when hummingbird is activated so I disabled it.

I have turned on and off plugins and still goes down.

I’m using siteground hosting with CLoudFlare, SSL & Divi Theme.

I have no idea why the site goes down? Do You?

you have permission to access my site

[Credientials removed by WPMU DEV Staff]

I granted you support access.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi THOMAS WHITMIRE,

Please do note that by default tickets are public, and we don’t recommend sharing WP admin login credentials via forum replies. Please do make sure to reset the password to ensure safety.

There are a couple of factors that would cause Socket Timeout, in general Uptime, would double-check that whether your website is accessible from 2 different IPs from USA and EU before marking it down and sending downtime notice.

Socket timeout error could occur if Uptime doesn’t get a response from your website after 30 seconds.

Most common issues regarding this would occur due to internet routing issues or a firewall block. Making sure Cache is enabled, and the website is optimized should help with improving the page load speed so that the website has fast load speed, which should hence prevent such downtime alert.

I could notice you already have Autoptimize plugin, if you are looking to further tweak your website, you could check Hummingbird plugin instead of Autoptimize. Please check the plugin doc for more info:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/

Would also recommend you to get in touch with your hosting provider, and ask whether the following IPs are whitelisted to ensure there aren’t any firewalls blocking Uptime too:

Once done please do check, and see whether you still notice any further issues regarding this. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.