Site down, Security issue

Hi, I just installed the Defender and used its options to secure the site. I do not wish to update wordpress at this time, our theme is highly modified. If we update there is a chance we lose our modificatins.

Can you please undo all security changes. so our site comes back up.
Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dean,

Have you tried re-naming the wp-defender issue within your /wp-content/plugins/ folder? That will deactivate Defender and may bring your site back unless there is something else conflicting as well.

If that doesn't work or you would rather we do that ourselves then can you send me in your FTP and wp-admin credentials? Then we can investigate further and get this resolved for you :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

*I would strongly recommend working on making your theme modifications update safe as well so you can update WordPress. You will likely find that you will continually run into issues with an outdated WP core. Not to mention it's a big security risk using out-dated software.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Hoang Ngo

DeanJustice.me,

I hope you are well today.

Defender will work based on user action. So if you haven't upgrade, or apply any hardener rules, then your site still the same as before. If you already, then just delete Defender inside plugins page, it will remove all code generated by Defender.

One note, 99.99% that action will be fine, however, for safe please make sure you have a backup before you do anything.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.