Site formatting broken after upgrading theme release

I have a custom theme I am using for my website. The area where I write Custom CSS was no longer working so the support staff at Themify instructed me to upgrade the the most recent version of the theme. After doing that almost every page on my site has numerous formatting issues, tops of images being cutoff, margin and padding no longer working as before, font size is distorted(huge).

The support staff where I purchased my theme have told me that the site looks fine to them, but there are obvious rendering issues on the desktop, and the site looks far worse on mobile devices.

To me this seems like this must be some sort of environmental/compatibility issue between the theme, the version of Wordrpress or the hosting environment. That is the only thing that seems somewhat logical to me.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to resolve this ongoing problem? My client wants the site to go live at the end of the month and I have been unable to come to any kind of a resolution with the support staff where I purchased my theme.

• aristath

Hello there @Ross, I hope you're well today!

Is it the TCF test site?
    If yes then the site looks fine to me too... (see attached screenshot).
    Are you seeing something different? If yes then could you please reset your browser's cache and cookies and test this again?

Please advise,
    Ari.

EDIT: On the screenshot there's a header repeating, that's just a glitch of the screenshot-taking script that I'm using, it does not occur on the live site.

• Ross

Hi,

I tried clearing the cached and cookies. I believe that there is still an issue.

Please look at the Sponsor Page. It clearly shows the banner image from the site being cutoff. You can only see the tiniest bit of the image and then the next row begins with the text Sponsor a Child with the heading tag appearing huge, causing the words to render incorrectly.

Also on the image you sent, the H2 and H3 tags appear within the main image. This should be a separate row below the main image and should have a background color of #96190C.

This is what the page looks like when I view it.

http://f.cl.ly/items/3G3h2C1l0a0O2v1D0C36/Image%202015-01-11%20at%201.11.14%20PM.png

The text box(Our mission) is cutting off the bottom of the image.

If this was only a browser issue, why would the site look bad on different mobile devices?

Please check the sponsor and contact pages. It clearly shows that images being cut off or obscured.

Thank you for you assistance with this

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ross,

Hope you're doing well today!

Your sponsor page looks fine for me; however, I did notice your home page main image is cut off on the right side - there is a big gap there. We can fix this my making the image 100% width :slight_smile:

Add this CSS:

.module.module-image.image-3169-0-0-1.image-top {
      width: 100%;
    }

I also noticed that your "sign up" text on your newsletter sign up button is pushed down a little bit low so it's cut off. You can add this CSS to fix that:

#mc4wp-form-1 .sign-up {
      padding: 0 12px;
    }

If you don't have a custom stylesheet then you can use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps Ross! Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.