Site gives issues after being pushed to live from the staging site

I pushed the site from staging to live in WPMU hosting. After the site was pushed, the live site does not load properly.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

As I understand from the chat you have three issues with your site after it was moved from staging to live.
    First one is with URL of motorsportengineering adding ?lang=it at the end of address but when I check the site now it's not adding that, and Prathamesh (who you were with on chat) also can't see this issue anymore.
    Did you manage to sort this out in the meantime?

Second issue was with the logo not loading on the same site but that is also loading now for me, can you tell me if you can see it loading now as well?

Last issue was about Asset Optimization not working in Hummingbird, but I noticed that in Hummingbird network Dashboard Asset Optimization was turned off, and after I enabled it for super admins now I was able to see the option and after checking the files they are shown so it seems that this is working properly now as well.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here and if you're still experiencing some issues.

One thing that I did notice is that you are using Domain Mapping plugin for motorsportengineering subsite but you're also changing the subsite URL from WP settings, and for Domain Mapping this is not needed and the site domain should be set to original one and just map the domain that you want to load.
    What you have set right now could cause issues since the plugin was not designed to work that way.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Edoardo
      • Flash Drive

Predrag Dubajic hi.

thx for your help, i have found another problem, i cant see the wordpress theme library and the installation page of WPML is not working correctly(not install or update their addon)

i try to create a new fresh installation in a new site, you have the authorization to make all the changes you want in the season and in the live to be able to better control everything.

Thanks again

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

It looks like wpmudevsupport account that I have access with has some limitations, it does show as Super-Admin but I can't see some settings, including the WPML setup panel.
    Do you have some account restriction plugin or something similar and can you please disable it or grant wpmudevsupport account full access so we could have a look at this?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

I'm afraid that I still don't see the option and don't have access via direct link either, here's how it behaves on my end:

You can see on left window that there's no WPML option shown under Settings, and on the right side I tried accessing it via direct link and it says that I don't have permissions to do that.

Can you login with wpmudevsupport account and tell me if you're seeing the same issue?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

I can now access that page but I'm afraid that I don't understand what the exact issue is there, I have installed WPML on my multisite and that page is looking the same:

That was tested with only WPML plugin to avoid any conflicts so it seems to me that the page is loading fine.
    Can you tell me if I'm missing something here?

You also mentioned earlier that your Themes panel doesn't load for you but that looks good when I check it on your site:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

I'm not that much familiar with the WPML plugin to know how that page should look like, so when I saw the same thing on my installation I assumed that's how it should be.

So I did some additional tests by installing WPML on a completely new site and the page still looked the same.
    I then installed it on a completely new single installation and it there it worked fine and showed the page as it should be.

After that, I downloaded WPML 4.1.4 and tested that on multisite and that version worked fine.
    So it looks like WPML made some changes in 4.2 release that's causing issues on multisite installations, and unfortunately, the issue is still there even with 4.2.5 beta that's available on their site.

I would suggest reporting this issue to their developers so they can check it out and see why it doesn't work properly with multisite installations.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

I'm afraid that's another issue caused by WPML plugin.
    I have tested this on my installation and as soon as I network activated WPML my themes panel stopped working as well, but when I deactivated it then everything was back in normal again.

It seems that WPML has multiple issues with network installations at the moment and I would suggest reporting all of this to their devs so they can investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.