Site help needed.

Hi

I am begging to piece together a site network. to do the following aimed at the disabled. I see all the plugin but its way over my head. Any ideas or mentors to help?

Service One: The Blog Aggregator
Through this service Able Pathways will gather blog entries on a daily basis. These blogs, which can be categorized based on user preference, will be emailed directly to subscribers in the form of a daily email. This FREE daily newsletter/email will include the following information:
(a) Employment listings and related news
(b) Education resources and related news
(c) Housing resources and related news
(d) Transportation resources and related news
(e) Health resources and related news
(e) Legislation news and additional resources that don’t fit into any of the above categories.

Service Two: The Premium Op-Eds and more 0
Through this service, Able Pathways will allow bloggers and entrepreneurs to promote their businesses and/or services by;
a) Offering special profile features in the daily newsletters/emails
b) Offering featured space on the Able Pathways’ website with links and tracking options
c) Specialized promotion on all of Able Pathways’ social media outlets
d) Access to specialized entrepreneurial resources; such as help with product development, organization newsletters, streamlined blogging, and/or training resources
e) The ability to let users schedule all of his/her social media updates directly from their Able Pathways’ account
Thanks

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Sadly if it's way over your head then you might be best hiring a professional.

That said, if your patient enough and don't mind some reading then we can of course always guide and assist with any questions, guidance or issues.

Service One: The Blog Aggregator
    Through this service Able Pathways will gather blog entries on a daily basis. These blogs, which can be categorized based on user preference, will be emailed directly to subscribers in the form of a daily email. This FREE daily newsletter/email will include the following information:
    (a) Employment listings and related news
    (b) Education resources and related news
    (c) Housing resources and related news
    (d) Transportation resources and related news
    (e) Health resources and related news
    (e) Legislation news and additional resources that don’t fit into any of the above categories.

The closest automated plugin we have for this would be Subscribe By Email:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/

This will email them on new posts, but it's not got options to break this down into categories of a daily digest instead it would send out the emails as new posts are made.

I suppose one option would be having each option there it's own site within a multisite install. Then they can sign up to their interested sites and get the emails from them as posts are made.

Another option might be a manual approach and writing the emails yourself then sending with something like:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/

e-Newsletter will let you make categories that people can sign up to, they can subscribe to multiple ones and then when you send out a mailer you can choose which groups gets it.

This is done manually though rather than a daily digest.

Service Two: The Premium Op-Eds and more 0
    Through this service, Able Pathways will allow bloggers and entrepreneurs to promote their businesses and/or services by;
    a) Offering special profile features in the daily newsletters/emails
    b) Offering featured space on the Able Pathways’ website with links and tracking options
    c) Specialized promotion on all of Able Pathways’ social media outlets
    d) Access to specialized entrepreneurial resources; such as help with product development, organization newsletters, streamlined blogging, and/or training resources
    e) The ability to let users schedule all of his/her social media updates directly from their Able Pathways’ account

If I'm honest here, I see what you've wrote but I don't understand what you're asking.

Is this to let people get their own blogs?

Schedule their social media updates?

Access to resources could be handled via subscription and our Membership plugin I suppose:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

If you're looking for a way to sell ad space then OIOPublisher is always pretty good for me:

http://www.oiopublisher.com/

If you could further elaborate and clarify on your last points then perhaps I might be able to advise further.

Take care.

• GreenTiger

Hi Rob!

I'm a newbie here and thought I would put in my 2 cents. It sounds like you are wanting to do some sites that are very commendable, practical and can make a difference. My first question is at the beginning. When you say "gather blog entries", I am assuming that these bloggers have their own individual blogs hosted "wherever"?

I was just wondering if you are in your initial stages if you would want to consider actually setting up a single blog with multiple users who could either be contributors, authors or whatever. You could then have your categories, pages, whatever in a single place to allow for a little more flexibility in redistributing the info.

I'm also wondering if there isn't an opportunity to getting "twitter" into the mix. If you could have the blogger "tweet" their blogs, it would enable you to get a very concise, compact description of their blog, and then you could better manage both the "accumulation" and "dissemination" (with the use of #hashtags). Would need to think this process through, but I have seen some people do some pretty slick things with Twitter/feeds/widgets.

I would definitely request a quote from a professional to set up the framework. While the community here at WPMUdev is absolutely fantastic, you are looking at a steep learning curve on some of these things. Once it is set up, I'm confident that you could not only maintain it, but expand on it... it's just that basic trying-to-get-it-all-figured-out that can be so darn painful.

Wish you well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.