Site in 'Maintenance' mode- unable to remove

Hi,
I have just used the 'update all' to update all of the wpmu plugins.
The site now says it is "Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute."

I have not put it into maintenance mode, but assume the update of the plug-ins did this.

I cannot log in, as I just get the maintance mode issue. This is not an issue with the hosting, as other sites on the same host and server are working properly (pandora.mrhandley.co.uk for example).

How can I remove the blog from maintenance mode so I can log-in, and so visitors can visit the website?

Thanks,

Tim

• tim_handley
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,
    I logged into c-panel and noticed a .maintenance file in the wordpreess install, which I deleted and the site is now back up- so no more panic!
    Any ideas why the update all left the .maintenance sitting there, when I assume it's meant to remove it automatically?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Tim

Thanks for your post.

I have just used the 'update all' to update all of the wpmu plugins.
    The site now says it is "Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute."

It happens when you are updating the network so there is nothing to worry about. Just give it sometime and try again.

If that does not work even after that, kindly let me know.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

oops

Any ideas why the update all left the .maintenance sitting there, when I assume it's meant to remove it automatically?

Looks like you are faster than me :slight_smile:

Sometimes when you try to access the site admin while its updating, it might happen.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.