Site is down, please help

Hello,

I just got this: Our systems have detected that your site - https://www.mangalianews.ro/ - went down on Feb 10, 2018 10:37am and is returning "Socket timeout.."
We recommend that you visit your site to confirm the problem.

I tried to check the page, but it is not fully loading so I cant see what happened.

Can you help, please?

Thank you a lot for your time, looking forward to your reply.

• Nithin

Hello Dee Dee,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that your account got suspended. I checked your site, and couple of pages, it seems like it's loading fine at the moment. Have you fixed the issue?

I'm afraid, it's pretty tough to say what could be causing this issue, without seeing the issue in live, or having a full info about the errors that you got during the phase your site was down.

Socket timeout in most case, would relate to having several requests at once in your site, which result in exceeding the maximum connection limit. Was your host able to pin point anything specific in your site that was causing this? Your hosting provider would be able to give a better idea about what's causing the issue.

Would recommend you to check the server logs for any specific error, and share that in your next reply. You might find article the helpful:
    http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/stats-logging/how-to-view-cpanel-error-logs

Or you'll have to check with your hosting provider for server logs, if the above link doesn't help.

If you still encounter the issue in your site, please enable debug mode in your system to see whether there is anything odd we could see regarding this.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory, when the Socket time occurs again in your system.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.