Site is reported as down when it is not

I am getting a notification from Uptime informing me that the site is down, but it is not. The issue appeared right after I masked the login URL using Defender, not sure if this could be related.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dean

It seems there is an error produced in the background. If even there is any hidden error, uptime will count the site as down.

Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now, wait couple of hours. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dean,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you due to high queue order on support forums. You can share the debug logs either by uploading it in the next reply as a txt file or if that doesn’t’ work you can use Google Drive, Dropbox or any such services to share the file.

I’m afraid, it seems like the support access to the website is no longer enabled, I could still notice the 500 error in Uptime, which is odd.

Could you please send us your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login URL

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.