Site loading extremely slowly.

My site is loading extremely slowly. Sometimes it doesn’t load at all and gives 524. About 2 weeks ago I was so happy to see the site was loading very good, about 6 seconds. So I don’t know what happened. I did not activate any new plugin. Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello SABER

I hope you’re well today!

I checked the site and when I was attempting to visit it for the first time (live one) it went down. I asked our sys-admins to check if DB is running fine and they noticed that apparently there was an attempt to restore the site from backup – did you try to restore the site?

I’m asking just to make sure if it was you or if something else happened. Meanwhile, our admins restored the site so it’s up and running at the moment.

I’ve then did some checks and made one small change in WooCommerce config (on live site): disabled the “Enable AJAX add to cart buttons on archives” option in “Settings -> Products”. That shouldn’t actually change anything significant on most sites but is very often adding a heavy load to the site/server usage, especially on a complex sites with lots of products.

I did some further checks and it seems that most of the pages on site (except from homepage; I’ll get back to it below) are now loading either reasonably or quite fast as for the site that complex. Please keep an eye on it though as I’m still not sure if it will stay that way. It should but we need to make sure.

The homepage would be a bit different case though. It seems it’s taking a lot of time for WP to “generate” that page and I think that would be related to the way it’s created. I’m not much familiar with the shortcodes plugin that you’re using to create content of the homepage but it seems to be doing (at least at first look) a lot of “searches” on the database which – with over 7k products and site built with some quite cool but really “resource heavy” tools (WPBakery Page Builder, Cornerstone, Relevanssi search, some additional WooCommerce related search/filter tools) it might be causing too much load on the available database resources.

However, there’s also another thing that bothers me a bit – it seems that Page Cache doesn’t get re-built. It’s nearly constantly at “0 cached pages” and its log states that there are either cron or ajax request going on (which stops caching).

You mentioned that the site was working fine but it stopped at some point even though you didn’t make any changes. I believe the site was moved to WPMU DEV Hosting from some other host – how long ago that was? Do you recall any updates being made to the site (a theme, WP core, any plugins whatsoever) about that 2 weeks ago when the issue started to be happening?

Let me know, please.

Best regards,

Adam

• SABER
    • Flash Drive

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply back. Yes, as you know site has been playing up and down games with me since few days and I have chatted numerous times with many support team members and they are all great. unfortunately they were not able to fix the issue of slow speed. we did all kids of testing including turning all plugins OFF and then test one by one by one and turn back ON and no issues were found with plugins.

so last night with one team member, we pushed staging to live since staging was working. the site went back on. but still loading slow. i asked him to see what the problem was and he said he will talk to second level help.

Second level help is responding very slow, and since two days ago even Patrick put ticket and asked for second level help and all night site was shut down but no help from second level. so it would be appreciated if second level can respond and fix the issue faster. I am losing business and also my ranking going down on google for site not being stable. my business only relying on website so if the website is down i lose business every hour.

site was loading very good acceptable speed two weeks ago and no we did not do any updates

Saber

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Saber,

Your site is still having high CPU usage with a single visit, as I mentioned previously on your ticket here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hosting-100-cpu-usage-on-my-host

I see that you still have over 50 plugins active on your site and I didn’t get any response from you on the other ticket about check for plugins that are causing the high load on the site.

I would suggest starting with Relevanssi plugin and Woocommerce addons that you are using and see if the load times are stable without those running on your site.

You had multiple tickets and chats about this so it’s hard to follow what was already checked and done and we would appreciate if we can keep the discussion about this in one place which will also help with getting you better and more timely responses.

Best regards,

Predrag

• SABER
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag,

thanks for reply back. In my previous reply i have already mentioned that not only me but few of the support team members together with me have done many tests on the plugins. we have at least two times turned all plugins off and tested one by one. none of the plugins made any different in the load time. some of the one or two plugins was when turned off made the site load after the site was giving us error 524 . the so in my opinion plugins are not the major issue, they have been tested. please yourself go to Staging site, turn all plugins off and test one by one to see if any different speed load can be noticed. So i have already mentioned abut plugin test on my previous replies to this ticket. please check above.

at present live i mentioned to a team support last night, all areas off the website loading fine except these THREE areas.

1: Homepage (this page is the slowest of all. even on staging i deactivated Smart slider and turned on a Slider revelation i had before and that made no difference in speed of upload).

2: Searching for products. when you use search window to look for products it takes too long for search to populate.

3: Main product page upload, see a sample of page and click on the product to see how slow it loads. so these are the two main issues. can you see if you can fix anything there.

Click on any Brand (this takes too long to bring results)

https://berkshirefurniture.com/our-brands/

click on any catagory (takes long time to produce result)—I GOT ERROR 524 On this.

https://berkshirefurniture.com/product-category/brands/handstone-furniture/?orderby=title&order=ASC

Saber

Saber

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Saber,

I see you have discussed this further in chat and Patrick shared an update on your other ticket here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/site-loading-slowly-getting-host-error

I’m going to close this tickets for further replies and please keep the discussion in the one linked above instead of opening new chats and tickets about the same isse, opening multiple tickets and chats will take time from staff and delay response times for both you and other members.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.