Site Login Form issue with Internet Explorer

Hi,

When users try to log into my site homepage 'YNFA.NET' they can't click in the fields in order to type in the UN and PW. When they click onto another page and come back to the homepage it then allows them to click in the fields and Log in as normal. Pls see screengrab attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iypsel1ksho0en4/Screen%20Shot%202014-09-01%20at%2015.32.13.png?dl=0

Why might this be happening? Could you take a look at it with your knowledge as i am baffled???

Many thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Studio3!

How's your Monday going?

If you don't mind, I have a couple follow-up questions that may help me figure this out.

1. Have you confirmed that only users viewing your site in IE have this issue?

2. I remember helping you with an issue last week, but I don't remember if you're running a caching plugin (like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache) or a security plugin. Caching and/or security plugins can frequently be the cause of issues you're seeing. Are you running either?

3. Is this a new behavior, or was it working at one time and then stopped working?

4. Is it only the log in widget, as seen in your screenshot, that's having an issue, or do you also have issues with linking to a separate login/register form?

5. Would you mind re-allowing us support access, in case we need to take a closer look?

Thanks for this extra info!

• Studio3creative

Hi Michelle, pls see below,

1. Have you confirmed that only users viewing your site in IE have this issue?
    It appears so Michelle.

2. I remember helping you with an issue last week, but I don't remember if you're running a caching plugin (like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache) or a security plugin. Caching and/or security plugins can frequently be the cause of issues you're seeing. Are you running either?
    I was but not now (W3)

3. Is this a new behavior, or was it working at one time and then stopped working?
    Not a new behaviour.

4. Is it only the log in widget, as seen in your screenshot, that's having an issue, or do you also have issues with linking to a separate login/register form?
    Just the log in widget MIchelle.

5. Would you mind re-allowing us support access, in case we need to take a closer look?
    Done Michelle.

Many thanks.

• aristath

Hello again @Studio3creative, I hope you're well today!

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows machine so I can't really test anything here (I'm on Ubuntu) but I have seen this issue before at another site years ago...
    The issue there was purely CSS:
    When inspecting the page using firebug on IE, there was an element that was overlapping the form (If I remember correctly on that site it was the main content area) and so when users were clicking on the form, they were actually clicking on the main area and the browser could not understand it.
    Other browsers were successfully detecting the width of the content area, but for some reason IE had issues.
    Perhaps this is the case for you as well? Try inspecting your page on IE using firebug and check if when hovering the form you get the form element or something completely irrelevant.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.