Site Migration from localhost to server

Wondering if I can use snapshot pro for migrating a test site to production (server)? Looking for a tutorial, not seeing one. I did see a plugin called cloner, so I will be digging into that in the mean time.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @jasonewillis,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

It’s great that you’re interested in using our Snapshot Pro plugin. This is however a backup solution designed to secure your site’s data but not to migrate/move them from one location to another.

The Cloner plugin isn’t either meant to be used for site’s migration: it’s a tool for WordPress Multisite admins that lets them clone a site within a network.

Actually, the easiest way to migrate a site is to do it manually. Take a look please at this article on our blog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/migrating-wordpress-and-multisite/

It’s an extensive but clear instruction on how to move a WordPress site (either single or multisite) from one location to another. The procedure is actually exactly the same in case of locahost to production server migration, except that you probably can skip the “download” step (but not database export/import).

I hope that helped!

Cheers,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.