Site monitor say site is down but its up

My site is up and running, although not yet perfect, the site monitor is saying that the website is down?

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Renaat,
    I hope you are having an awesome day!

Is the status for your site still showing as down or that was just temporary?

Also, is it showing just in the Hub or also in your site's dashboard?

A possible reason for this might be having the Jetpack plugin - could you try and deactivate it then check the status in the Uptime Monitor again?

Keep us posted!

Warm regards,
    Denitsa

• The Bug Hunter

Hi, the downtime is for days
    I reactivated the monitoring and still down
    jetpack is deactivated
    still monitoring is down
    in the pic attacked you will als see that a few numbers in the hub dashboard are not correct, so dont I have anthing to update anymore, but still showing.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Renaat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

still monitoring is down

I logged in to mlwwolfxxxx.com, and I quickly activated the Humminbird plugin, and enabled Uptime monitoring, but Uptime seems to work fine. Are you still have issues? If yes, am I checking the right website?

If I'm checking the wrong site, please enable support access of the site where Uptime isn't working.

in the pic attacked you will als see that a few numbers in the hub dashboard are not correct, so dont I have anthing to update anymore, but still showing.

I'm not able to replicate such issue, in the given screenshot, if you give a closer look, you'll notice the security symbol is marked as red, and the notifications are related to Defender plugin, where you have 4 Hardening issues to get fixed, and 1 scan report which needs attention, ie under Defender > Hardening

Regarding the second website, if you give closer look at the symbols, the issue is related to Uptime not working, and the other notification is related to SEO that needs to be fixed. A website needs to return 200 header response in order for Uptime monitoring to work, please do check whether this is the case, since Uptime does work on your other websites.

Please do point out the website where you are noticing Uptime is down, and advise if I'm missing out anything here, so that we could help get you sorted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the reply

I see still the down in the hub, see screenshot, its from the mlmwxxxxxxx. site
    access is still open

The Hummingbird plugin is causing a problem in the beaute theme in my Katrina. website, and Ruth. website. Same instal. But I made an other ticket for that.

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Renaat,
    I trust you're well!

I could too see that the Uptime Monitor is working on your website. For your hub issues, can you please re-login in the WPMU DEV Dashboard with your WPMU credentials and then try again?

Tell me how this works for you!

Best regards,
    Denitsa

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Renaat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

So the Uptime monitoring in Hummingbird works for you, but Uptime doesn't work in Hub. I wasn't able to find any issues in your site, so I'm pinging the developer regarding this, so that he would be able to give a better idea about why Uptime in Hub is causing this issue. Which host are you using? Are both the sites registered with the Hub the same host?

Will keep you posted once I get an update from the developer on this asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• The Bug Hunter

My hub dashboard has two wp install with different hosts,
    If I have to report something to the host, let me know, they have good support.

The site is indeed disconnected with the hub, or something like that. I hope that the coder will be able to point me in the right direction.
    After checking today, I also was not able to run updates for the mlmwxxxxx website

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Renaat , hope you're are doing well today!

I visited your site wich redirected to http://www.yoursite.com and see the same 403 - Forbidden Error.

Would you please rename the .htaccess file to .htaccessold and check if this fixes the issue? If not, make sure the wp-content and plugins folder permission if they are set to 744, if not, please set them to 744.

Please see here how to apply properly the folder permissions:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/understanding-file-permissions/

Let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• The Bug Hunter

thanks for the tips, but since yesterday the site went down due to an other issue, reported in an other support ticket.
    The site monitor issue was still not fixed. Not to mention, that wpmudev site monitor dont monitor my site status. Even if the site went offline, it was not reported by site monitor. I feel like no support really informs me on how this could have been fixed.

Anyway, since the site is not live anymore, I close the ticket,

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Renaat ,

I apologise for the frustration this has caused. We would gladly troubleshoot this issue once your site is back online again. There might be rules inside the .htaccess file that blocking the Hub from showing.

Fell free to re-open this ticket anytime.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.