Site not working on WPMUDEV but fine on another server

I wanted to share a strange behavior with you regarding hosting. This may or may not be related to the hosting service, but I thought it might be worth mentioning. I used All-in-one migration to extract a single site out of my multisite network. I then spun up a WPMUDEV host instance and imported it. Most pages are not rendering correctly. I'm seeing a bunch of warnings: "PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in". After trying to get this to work after a couple of hours, I spun up a GCP instance and imported it. Site runs fine with no changes.

I have no idea what's going on, but it may be interesting for you. Something is behaving differently on the WPMUDEV servers. I guess this type of migration (subsite to single site) with All-in-one will probably be fairly common so may be worth looking into.

Let me know if you want to look deeper and I can grant access.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Brandon!

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue.

I visited your site on WPMU DEV hosting and noticed that the home page loads but other pages show up as mostly blank. I don't know if this is related to the issue you described or if it's just lack/disabled content. I didn't see any errors.

Would you mind allowing support access to the WPMU DEV host so I can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Also, please provide full error messages you've received, including the entire part where it tells which file was causing this error, if you still have them. Where did you find those errors? Was it on the front page or in the WP admin? On any particular page/settings screen?

Cheers,
    Pawel

• Brandon
    • Recruit

Hi Pawel,

I opened support access to the WPMUDEV hosted site as well as the freshly imported site on GCP.

You are correct, the home page is rendering ok, but all the other pages are only partially loading.

I've attached the downloaded PHP Error Log where I saw the errors. There are a few DB errors and a bunch of "headers already sent".

I can provide FTP access to both sites also if that would be helpful.

Both migrations were done using the same tool (all-in-one) on the same version against a fresh instance.

• Brandon
    • Recruit

Hi Pawel,

Another interesting observation. On the pages that are partially loading, they will appear if you click "Enable Visual Editor" and go into edit mode (Divi theme). Hope this helps you identify the issue.

Best regards,
    Brandon

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Brandon!

Thank you for the information you provided and enabling support access.

It seems like there is an issue with the Social Share plugin. For some reason (I don't know why yet) it makes all plugin and theme CSS and JS inaccessible. Our server returns a 403 Forbidden error for every such file. This causes all JS functionality to break also and this is why the pages appear blank.

Once the plugin is disabled, the site works fine.

But since this is just a workaround, I'd like to have a look at the files in question. Maybe there's some problem with permissions on our server (just my initial guess).

Would you mind creating a SSH user account and sharing login details with me? You can do this via the Hub->Hosting->your site->Manage->Accounts. Please use password authentication, not Public Key.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Site login URL
    - SSH credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

cheers,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Brandon!

Sorry for the long wait to reply. We were upgrading our forums during the weekend.

I received your message, but couldn't log in. There seems to be something wrong. I tried your "pc" host and it wouldn't accept the login and password. Please check once more for errors and send me the credentials again.

best regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.