Site Optimization and Webmaster Tools

Hi,
Being saddled with site optimization lately from seo, to speed load to site verification and I humbly ask for expert view on these below,
1. What is the important of Google Webmaster Tools?
2. Why is it important to Verify your Site?
3. Why do we have different result in speed load analytic sites? Gtmetrix is different from Google Page Speed Insight

Thank you in anticipation

Regards

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Barni,

I hope you're well today and thanks for this interesting question!

1. What is the important of Google Webmaster Tools?

Without a doubt Google is the most important search engine nowadays. The Google Webmaster Tools service is closely connected with Google search engine, therefore:

- giving you valuable insights on how does the search engine see you page; this is very helpful for planning further SEO actions and also helps you optimize your site to better much Google's (and users) "expectations"

- gives Google web spiders a better insight into your site; for example: sitemap (which is considered one of the most important parts of Webmaster Tools) informs search engines "what is what" and "what is where" on your site and tells them what's important and what has changed there;

2. Why is it important to Verify your Site?

That's because otherwise anyone could submit information (e.g. sitemap) of any sites, including those not belonging to him and this would lead to a complete mess, not to mention for example submission of "misleading information" about competitors sites. That said, Google wants you to prove that you're a rightful manager/owner of the site you're submitting.

3. Why do we have different result in speed load analytic sites? Gtmetrix is different from Google Page Speed Insight

I think two factors here a most significant:
    - different services use various methods to calculate the overall speed
    - various servers' locations + net connection quality + how "busy" particular server is at the given moment.

That said, I don't believe any of the services would give you a conclusive answer. For development purposes it's best to stick for one or two such as for example Google Page Speed insights and Pingdom Tools. For getting relatively realistic view on other sites it's best to test them with a few different services and take an average result.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.