Site Registration & Login are all crazy

Alright so I am really really frustrated. I installed the Wp Document Revisions on a multisite install, and edited some of the capabilities in the schema. User sync is also enabled as well along with domain mapping. When a user signs up, or tries to, they are redirected to the main site, then sign up there, then when they login and try to go to a subsite wp-admin it says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." and then yeah, its just really really frustrating. Can I make it so that way there is no user-sync and when a user signs up, they aren't re-routed and they are only able to sign up on that site? Cause it will make it a lot simpler. I tried deleting the user sync then added it back, reset the settings, then deleted again, didn't fix a thing. I am sorry if this messages is all improper grammar wise but I am fairly close to chucking my computer through a window.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Brashell

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear about the problems you are having, are you using our User Sync plugin? If you are this isn't compatible with multisite installs and could be causing a problem, please advise, if you are using that plugin I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Brashell
    • The Bug Hunter

Ok so it kind of fixed it.. I can get into the sites, but I have to manually make each user a subscriber as they are set to no role for some reason. How can I fix this? Also, I only can access the main sites document area, not any of the sub sites document revisions area unless I am the admin, but subscriber is allowed in the main site. Any ideas? The schema.php was coded by me to allow subscribers to access the areas.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Brashell

Thanks for the additional information, I'm afraid user sync is for single site installs only when the sites are on Separate domains.

Was it the sub site the user doesn't have a role for or also the main site? Take a look at this plugin here http://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

Could you put up your custom coded file on something like pastebin for me please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Brashell
    • The Bug Hunter

Ok @Jack Kitterhing I got everything working but one measly thing. Whenever a standard user goes to a new blog, they obviously can't register as they already are. I need to make it that whenever a new user goes to a new blog they are automatically made into a subscriber and not set as no role like they are now. I tried several plugins and a few snippets and even my own combo, but all were outdated and no longer working. I need it to apply to every site though, I don't want to sit there and set the role for each site. Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Brashell

Great! Glad to hear you got it all working.

Technically on a multisite install, all registrations (even for subsites) are handled via the main site of the network, this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/ really is the best solution to that.

As you can set it to auto add users, which means when a logged in user visits a subsite they will be automatically added to that site as well. You can also have a join this site widget or create a page for per site registration :slight_smile:

Thank you!
    Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.