Site slow since on your host

Hi,
I just mooved the website to your host.
and it turned sometimes really slow.
took me 10min just to load and save and event.
Anything i can do ?
Thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Miles,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Does this occurs randomly? Sounds like the issue occurs in both frontend, and backend?

I created a test Event, and tried to publish it, and could notice that it's taking over 30 seconds to publish, and to delete it.

I tested the site in Pingdom results, and could notice some delays in loading the site. There could be number of factors that could be causing, I don't see any specific error logs within the Hosting side at the moment.

Could you please check whether increasing memory_limit makes any difference, or not? You'll have to add the following line inside wp-config.php:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please make sure to place the above code, just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If you still have issues even after that, then another use case would be a plugin conflicts, is it possible to enable debug mode in your website, and check whether that gives any further clue about what exact is causing.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please do let us know how that goes, so that our hosting team could give a closer look , if needed. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Miles
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi
    I'm sorry to reopen an old ticket...
    finally the backend is still freaking slow...
    To be more specifique, it's when creating an event, with divi builder from the back office.
    The loading wheel goes for ages...
    here are the log files.

Thanks in advance

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Miles,

Thanks for sharing the debug logs, I could notice there are some DB errors in the given debug logs for WPML plugin, however we'll need to give a closer look to see whether that's causing the issue, or some other query.

Could you please send us your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Miles,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it's been a busy weekend, and hence a delay. I tried to acces the site via the given admin account, but it wasn't working.

Since SFTP login is working fine, I took the liberty to create a new admin account "wpmuthree" via which I access your site. However, I wasn't able to notice any delays in your system, when it comes to creating a new event. Is there any specific steps that we should be following? If yes, if you could list out the steps with screenshots it would be helpful.

I'm not sure how exactly to reproduce the steps to create Events via Divi Builder. Please do note that, since Divi, and Events plugin used are 3rd party plugins, screenshots mentioned above would be helpful in troubleshooting this better.

Please point out regarding which aspect, you notice the site is still loading slow. So, I could test this extensively in your staging site in the hosting side?

Looking forward to your reply, so that we could help get this sorted asap.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.