Site theme no longer functioning

Recently I purchased the David&Goliath theme from Code Canyon (developers are VamTam).It worked beautifully with all of my plugins and my WPMU tools.

A couple of days ago I started playing around with adding plugins and now the theme has gone haywire - showing no media content and plastering all the menus on one side of the page.

In the past, a bad plugin issue has been able to be easily resolved by deactivating plugins and selecting out the problem child. However, I have tried deactivating all of my plugins and even the theme itself and nothing corrects for the problem.

The backend of the site looks good - all of my content still available. I just don't know how to get the front end back up and running.

I do not know any code or how to access php or whatever. I need either hands on support with this or someone to make any changes with this stuff for me.

Currently the site is down because it looks so awful "maintenance mode" prevents you from scoping it out.

You can login in the backend (www.mnea-engagementcenter.org/wp-admin) to access a tour of the front end of the site. [removed credentials]

I have reached out to VamTam as well, but somewhere between your two systems my project has taken a nose dive. Please help.

• twicealive

Hi Anne,

After activating only the required plugins, did you try clearing your W3 Total Cache?
    Sometimes this plugin retains remnant data leftover from the deactivated plugins.

Possibly clear your browser cache as well, just in case your browser is loading a stored version rather than the current version of your site.

I know this is not a solution, but since your site is in maintenance mode I cannot check to see if it is loading properly for me.

I'm not an employee of wpmu dev, but i'd be happy to take a look at your site if you find that you need additional help.

Best Regards,
    Michael

• twicealive

Hi Anne,

I took a quick look and it appears that you have several issues going on for some reason.

First, it appears that the W3 Total Cache plugin is having some problems;
    Second, it seems that your site cannot find the files in your content delivery network

I would recommend the following, based on the error messages appearing in your dashboard:

1. Be sure you have the latest version of the theme and plugins installed. (There is an error message regarding woo commerce)
    2. Add _wc_session_ to the "Ignored Query Strings" option in W3 Total Cache settings
    3. Verify that your server configuration allows rewrite privileges on the .htaccess file so that W3 Total Cache can function
    4. Make sure the following folders are uploaded to the CDN (cloud fare) to ensure proper operation: media library, wp-includes, theme files, and any custom files.

Alternatively, if your site was working fine a few days ago, maybe your host is capable of restoring your site to it's prior condition using the backup data that it saves daily?

• Alexander

Hi @anne.smith@mnea.org, I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you hear.

@twicealive, thanks for jumping in and offering some help here. (points coming your way)

W3TC is known to cause many issues with themes, and can cause conflicts. It's not really W3TC at fault, but some themes/plugins don't play well when cached, and may not be tested under those conditions. I will second @twicealive's suggestions here about the cache settings and configuration.

Basically the caching can mask real issues, and results in false negatives when testing for theme/plugin conflicts.

Also, as he also suggested, would it be possible to roll back to a backup?

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.