site triggered temporary url

Hi,
I have support access on for aficreditsolutions.com. I have fixed the issue i'm about tom netion in this post but want to figure out what caused it. When I checked the site this morning it reverted to the server's temporary url for the cpanel. Can you please go in and check the security/figure out what caused this? No one has worked on it in several days and it was fine until this morning. It seemed to change on its own overnight.

Corn

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi cornelius_butler

I hope you're well today!

The support access is not working currently, it seems that there might be some additional security tool that's blocking it. However, as much as I'd love to tell you what caused the issue, I'm afraid that it might be very difficult, if not entirely impossible.

I'm saying this because by default there's no that kind of "back logs" in WordPress that could tell us that - nothing that logs and documents each and every single action and event on site, including all the parts of the code, the server and the database.

The most probable issues would be either some temporary "glitch" on a server, a DNS malfunction or some older backup was restored to the site from the time when the site was set under such temporary URL (if it was!) - a host could in theory do this if there was some crash. But these are only some possible causes.

You mentioned that you already solved that. Would you mind telling me how exactly did you solve it? What did you do to make it work again? Knowing what it took to fix the issue can sometimes help understand what actually happened...

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.