Site Upload Space - View Current Values

I want to see which sites in my network are close to reaching their quotas. Is there a way to view a list of sites and their file upload usage?

Also, is it possible to adjust the 'max file upload size' for individual sites? I know this can be adjusted globally in Network Settings. I just don't see an option in Edit Site / Settings.

Thanks,
Chris

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

You could view each site to see from their Dashboard.

Also, is it possible to adjust the 'max file upload size' for individual sites? I know this can be adjusted globally in Network Settings. I just don't see an option in Edit Site / Settings.

Are you asking about a per item upload site?

If so that's handled by the server.

Or are you talking about to total space?

If so you can edit the site:

Admin --> Network --> Sites

When you edit a site you have 4 tabs, you want the settings tab and then down the bottom is an option to change the space this site can have. See screenshot.

Take care.

• Chris

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your quick response. Regarding the 'max upload file size', I am referring to the maximum size a particular site owner can upload. If the global setting is 2MB, is it possible to adjust the owner's account of a particular site to upload larger files (e.g. 5MB)?

I have one more question related to this topic ...

I would like to change the following text in the admin section to include an upgrade link:

Sorry, you have used all of your storage quota of %s MB.

On wordpress.org, I found a page with the following code (link):

function multisite_over_quota_message() {
        echo '<p>' . sprintf( __( 'Sorry, you have used all of your storage quota of %s MB.' ), get_space_allowed() ) . '</p>';
    }

I'm not sure what to do with this. Could you provide instructions on how to modify and implement this? I'll take a stab at the code below, but I'll need help with where to add it:

function multisite_over_quota_message() {
        echo '<p>' . sprintf( __( 'Sorry, you have used all of your storage quota of %s MB.' ), get_space_allowed() ) . '<a href="upgrade link here">' . sprintf( __( 'Upgrade Now' ), )  . '</a></p>';
    }

I'm not sure if something should go after Upgrade Now. For example, 'Upgrade Now' ), get_space_allowed())

I have a file from a prior hack which is where I imagine this might go (/wp-content/mu-plugins/functions.php)

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Thanks for your quick response. Regarding the 'max upload file size', I am referring to the maximum size a particular site owner can upload. If the global setting is 2MB, is it possible to adjust the owner's account of a particular site to upload larger files (e.g. 5MB)?

Currently Pro Sites doesn't restrict the size of each item, only the total webspace used.

I'm not sure what to do with this. Could you provide instructions on how to modify and implement this?

I wouldn't change the wording directly in the plugin, this will be overwritten on updates each time.

WordPress has a powerful language translation feature, this can be used for locales too.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#About_Locales

Something like WPML can also translate text-domains:

http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.