Site Wide Text Change Doesn't Work for non-MU or Non-Multisite

FYI, this plugin doesn’t work with standalone WordPress site.

Please update the info on plugin page to indicate that this is MU or Multisite only so people don’t waste time installing/trying it on standalone blogs.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Would you like some help with your issues? Walking us though what you’ve done as well as including an errors reported in your webserver’s error logs would be a plus. Not sure about the sitewide change plugin but the widget should be fine on a regular install.

Telling folks something doesn;t work doesn;t help us help you as it gives us nothing to go on.

edit: Come to think about it, the sitewide change should work fine in the plugins subdirectory as well. Just needs to be activated. It’s just filters.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya islandcode,

That’s a common misconception. The mu-plugins folder is used by any WordPress installation – not must multi-site. It’s not created by default so you’ll have to add it under wp-content.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much if you can wait though. We’re updating a great majority of our plugins in expectation of the 3.1 release and most will then be ready to be activated in the plugins directory by default.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

• Daryl
    • New Recruit

I have a MU site and Std WP site, the plug-in works in MU but not WP. I did not see any resolutions to whether this is was resolved. I have seen a few plug-ins that are supposed to work with WP and MU but on work with MU. It would help to have instruction for MU and WP just so there is some clarity on this matter.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.