Sites are extremely slow

The issue is that the sites are extremely slow. This happens every month when billing time comes. For some reason, automatic renewal does not happen and it lapses. I have to manually pay it and then do all the settings again.

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hi there Praveen,
    I checked the main site "BSA Hercules" with Google Insights the test speed(75%) is not the best but the site doesn't appear to be slow. I was able to run a the test with Hummingbird and the performance is not bad at all. Making sure you have your files minified or use WPMU CDN can also give you some boost in performace.

Regarding the automatic renewal not working, is it with Membership 2 subscription or any of our plugins with subscription capabilities?

Regards,
    Huberson

• Praveen
    • New Recruit

So here is the strange part. Every time I restart the apache and sql server for some time (say an hour) the sites are loading faster (relatively). However they again slow down and it appears the slowing down is because it is waiting for 'TLS handshake' which seems to be rectified by the restarts. This is strange and seems to make no sense :slight_frown:

The membership renewal is because of the fact that I am from India and there is a 2 factor authentication for credit cards. You do not collect that and hence auto renewal does not happen. Google Suite takes it the first time so that it is recognized as a valid charge for auto renewals.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Praveen,

Does this TLS handshake issue shows on all browsers on your side or maybe its only one the Firefox? I found this article about issue with TLS handshake in Firefox https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/troubleshoot-firefoxs-tls-handshake-message/

I'm checking your sites now and they seem working fine, there is no significant long loading times.

Can you tell me if you had a chance to create a staging site so performing plugin conflict test would be possible?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.