Sites will not reflect changes unless logged in

I am running a multi-site with sub domains.

When widgets are moved or changed, and you visit the site, all seems great. But if you log out, then none of the changes hold.

This applies to pages, and really any changes that can be made.

It applies to the main domain aorelaestate.com, as well as the sub domains, michelleforrester.com.

I have deleted all unused plug ins and I am using very few. Everything is updated, and I uploaded the domain mapping plug ion again over the old, just in case that was the issue.

HELP

• LizaValero
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I use Dreamhost with a VPS and dedicated IP, I will look into that further. Could it have anything to do with the Cloud Flare cache that is incorporated into the Dreamhost account? I tried clearing that, but it did not work.

I have had super cache installed for a while without any troubles. I have cleared the network cache and individual site caches in super cache. I have tried chrome and safari, different machines, different connections. I have not tried clearing the cookies and cache on an individual browser and will, but if the issue is happening across browsers, that wouldn’t help, would it?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Could it have anything to do with the Cloud Flare cache that is incorporated into the Dreamhost account?

It’s certainly possible. Whilst logged in you have a live session, whilst logged out you could be viewing a cached version.

I’m not so familiare with Cloud Flare Cache so I’m guessing here based on similar things I’ve seen before, the best thing would be to ask your the provider, they will know their setup best.

I have had super cache installed for a while without any troubles. I have cleared the network cache and individual site caches in super cache.

Can you totally deactivate this plugin and any other cache type plugin, just for testing.

Let me know how that goes and what your host might say.

Thanks.

• LizaValero
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I completely deleted my WP Super Cache plug in following the instructions on the plug in page on wordpress.org and that seems to have resolved the issue. Things are not running too slowly now, so I may leave it alone for now.

When I did that, I deleted the cache directory inside my plug ins directory and it was huge. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I have not check on the Cloud Flare as this seems to have been the issue

Thank you so much for the help

Liza

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.