Skip Activation Page and Go to Login Page Instead

Hi,

How can I redirect new users/site admins to their designated login page instead of the activation page right after they activate their account? In other words, I want new users and site admins to be taken to the login page of their websites after they click the activation link sent in the email after they signup to my network.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Eddy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is not doable using core WP settings but fortunately, WP introduces a lot of ways to add your own customizations :slight_smile:

I think this code would work for you:
    https://gist.github.com/MikeNGarrett/9533303

To apply it to your site please follow these steps:

- create an empty "redirect-wp-multisite-activation.php" file
    - copy and paste the code inside
    - make sure that you changed

wp_redirect( network_site_url() );

to

wp_redirect( site_url() );

in line #26

- upload the file to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder on your server

If there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content", just create it.

Let me know please if this works for you!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Eddy
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam,

your solution worked but instead of taking me to the login page, it took me to the new website page where it says:

Your account is now active!

' Your site at yourname.website.com is active. You may now log in to your site using your chosen username of “yourusername”. Please check your email inbox at you@domain.com for your password and login instructions. If you do not receive an email, please check your junk or spam folder. If you still do not receive an email within an hour, you can reset your password. '

Now I think this is still better than the Wordpress default activation page, but is there a way to redirect new users to a login page after activation so they can enter their username and password in order to access their dashboard?

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.